Capital One IT Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One IT Intern Interview Questions

2.5

IT Intern Interview

Interview

Behavioral interview through university. Moved onto 3 phase interview at Virginia headquarters. Case, Behavioral, and Job Fit interview.

Interview Questions

• Part of the case interview have a list of activities and durations, they wanted a timeline. (gantt chart)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Started with an on campus interview that last about 45 minutes and was just talking about resume and then behavioral questions. Then, I was invited to go on site for an interview, where they took care of all travel and hotel reservations. They had a QA session the night before with two employees to ask any questions and the interview was the next day at their Richmond office. It starts with a tour and lunch and then the interview part is divided into three sections. There is another behavioral section, a "job fit" which is just trying to see where you want to work and some pretty easy programming questions. Finally, there is a case interview. They send out a lot of resources on that, so if you look at those it's not too bad. Their college recruiting lays everything out so everything is clear cut.

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at a career fair and applied online. They requested a campus interview the next week, which was a 45 minute behavioral interview involving "Tell me about a time when..." questions. I received an email the next day requesting a second round interview, also on campus. They invited the second round interviewees to a reception the night before the interviews. Definitely go to this, as it includes a case workshop and a chance to speak with some associates who may be interviewing you.

The second-round interview involved three separate 45 minute interviews. Another behavioral interview with three questions, a job fit interview that had some technical questions involving some algorithms and data structures, and a case interview with a business scenario involving technology and some basic algebra. If you're preparing for this interview, make sure you study for the job fit, as it was a little tricky. The interviewers were all relaxed and made the process easy. Overall a great experience from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a way to make this algorithm more efficient? They ask this after you correctly solve the previous algorithm.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, as it was for an internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX).

Interview

They had a first round of interviews on campus. Then an office visit with more interviews. They let you know withing 48 hours whether you get to the next step or not

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time something unexpected happened and you had to adapt to the change?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, on campus behavioral interview, on site case interview

Interview Questions

• The case was a average difficulty process flow question   Answer Question

I got another offer that I liked more