Capital One Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.9

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Invited for their highly selective Software Engineering Summit. Invited straight to final round interviews. Flew me down to Richmond, VA. 3 45-minute interviews: Behavorial, Technical, Business Case. Overall my interviewers were easy going and very helpful through the process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

There was a case study and we had to go over a situation. It took about an hour and we were able to ask question after. They interviewer explained the culture of Capital One and the company culture was big on taking initiative and trying new things

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied online, and got a onsite within a week. They flew me out to one of their campuses and I spent half a day interviewing. The interview had 3 parts: Behavioral, Case Interview and Technical Interview. You get them in random order and you get a break between each one.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were similar to the questions already posted on glassdoor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Blacksburg, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process is slightly intimidating given that there are three separate interviews, but all of their interview information is available on their youtube channel so you can know what to expect beforehand. The interview process is really designed to determine your thought process and your ability to communicate it with the interviewer.
    The interviews are within a set time limit so just keep time in mind as you go through it. Try not to let the thought of time let you lose your focus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Went to an on-campus interview with one easy case and behavioral questions. Also attended a power day at the employers office in McLean with three rather quantitative and math based cases.

Interview Questions

• How would you raise funds for a charity (market segmenting question)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

applied online and through college. Easy process and I got an email telling me that I was available for an interview and I could specify when the interview was. I am trying to fill up the thirty word minimum for this section and I am surprised I have not filled it up yet.

Interview Questions

• questions about unix commands as well as a coding puzzle dealing with parentheses matching. The interviewers were great and it was a great atmosphere that was provided to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through university, got a call to a final round interview. Interview was 2 case questions about coding inefficiencies and data structures. Everyone was very friendly. Tried to interview in Virginia but had to go to Texas instead. Travel costs were not reimbursed but I never reached out to HR to fix that so it's probably more my fault

Interview Questions

• Write out Prims Algorithm and estimate it's best and worst running time   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

called me and booked me a flight. Flew in and had a super day. Very opulent and friendly office space, meant to impress interns. 3 rounds of interviews and then lunch

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied online through my college website. Got an email for on campus interview. Took about 2 weeks in total. Very helpful Human resources. Postivie experience in terms of scheduling. It takes a while for them to get back to you tho.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Explain resume
      Tech questions
      Case study   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and told me to apply online.

Received a quick phone call one week later to confirm answers to general questions like location preferences and where I attended university and to set up a date for an onsite interview.

Flown into Richmond, VA another week later (I picked the earliest available date) where I stayed at a nearby hotel overnight. Next morning I was joined by about a dozen other candidates in a tour of the campus, lunch with several TDP full timers, and finally 3 back-to-back interviews. I had a technical interview first, followed by case, then a 15 minute break, and finally behavioral.

Afterward, we were sent to the airport to head back home. Heard back another week later.

Technical - choose whether to write on paper or the whiteboard. 3 questions.

Case - general business scenario, talk about pros and cons, how would you solve this in code

Behavioral - STAR questions

Interview Questions

• General class/db design question.
      Recursion in a tree.