Capital One Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied online through my college website. Got an email for on campus interview. Took about 2 weeks in total. Very helpful Human resources. Postivie experience in terms of scheduling. It takes a while for them to get back to you tho.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
    Explain resume
    Tech questions
    Case study
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and told me to apply online.

Received a quick phone call one week later to confirm answers to general questions like location preferences and where I attended university and to set up a date for an onsite interview.

Flown into Richmond, VA another week later (I picked the earliest available date) where I stayed at a nearby hotel overnight. Next morning I was joined by about a dozen other candidates in a tour of the campus, lunch with several TDP full timers, and finally 3 back-to-back interviews. I had a technical interview first, followed by case, then a 15 minute break, and finally behavioral.

Afterward, we were sent to the airport to head back home. Heard back another week later.

Technical - choose whether to write on paper or the whiteboard. 3 questions.

Case - general business scenario, talk about pros and cons, how would you solve this in code

Behavioral - STAR questions

Interview Questions

• General class/db design question.
      Recursion in a tree.
      Going through a linked-list.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

They take you to lunch, then you get a behavioral interview, a case study interview, and a technical interview. They take about 45 min each. You can choose to whiteboard or write on paper, and they're very helpful when you get stuck.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to explain a technical concept to a non-technical person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

You get to have lunch with current employees before the interview begins, which really helps relieve any tension. The actual interview consists of 3 separate interviews back to back, where each interview consists of about 45 minutes. Although it is a long interview day, you get a decent break between each interview and they reach out to you with a decision within about 48 hours of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Blacksburg, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

This was an on campus interview, I applied online through my University's site, and was contacted after for an interview as an Alternate candidate. I am not sure if being an "alternate" affected my chances of getting an offer, but I did not get an offer for this internship.

Interview Questions

• This was a case interview, looking back it was relatively simple, but this was my first ever case interview and I struggled   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Met Capital One through my Club in College and I then went to the Career Expo to talk more about their internship. Applied through University, the application took 3 weeks. Scheduled an on-campus interview through the school. Went in with formal attire, the recruiter wore casual clothes and made me feel relaxed about the interview. The interview was casual and mostly an intro about yourself, your projects, and how well you know your stuff. They mostly want to know about your passion and what projects you've done.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in March 2016.

Interview

Completely hassle free experience. Went through data science challenge and onsite interviews. Got offer on the same afternoon of my interviews. Role play, case interview, and behavior interview. Their interview prep site is quite helpful. Also check out precious similar role's interview questions will help too. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Really like the company!!!

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through my college recruiting site. Had an on-campus interview which was a technical behavioral interview. After that had a second round of interviews about two weeks later in Richmond. The second round had two case study interviews and one behavioural interview. Case interview was very math based. They usually give you hints if you're going in the wrong direction. Don't forget to voice your thought process. Behavioral interview was pretty typical. They asked me to give a lot of examples for this.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you learnt something new on the job (or something similar to this)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Very organized interview process. Was interviewed by 3 different people, one for technical, one for a case study, and one for behavioral. Each interview was scheduled for about an hour, and was conducted one on one in a small room.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to explain technical things to a non-technical person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Final interview, they have you come out to their campus and you have a couple rounds in one day: behavioral interviews, case studies, and job fit interview. They get really in depth with the BIs and case studies are very important to them. The job fit is more casual. It helps to know background about the company and have in depth STAR format stories prepared. Know a little about the industry and why it appeals to you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a recommendation, why are you interested in this position   Answer Question