Capital One Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

There was a case study and we had to go over a situation. It took about an hour and we were able to ask question after. They interviewer explained the culture of Capital One and the company culture was big on taking initiative and trying new things

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied online, and got a onsite within a week. They flew me out to one of their campuses and I spent half a day interviewing. The interview had 3 parts: Behavioral, Case Interview and Technical Interview. You get them in random order and you get a break between each one.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were similar to the questions already posted on glassdoor.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

applied online and through college. Easy process and I got an email telling me that I was available for an interview and I could specify when the interview was. I am trying to fill up the thirty word minimum for this section and I am surprised I have not filled it up yet.

Interview Questions

• questions about unix commands as well as a coding puzzle dealing with parentheses matching. The interviewers were great and it was a great atmosphere that was provided to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through university, got a call to a final round interview. Interview was 2 case questions about coding inefficiencies and data structures. Everyone was very friendly. Tried to interview in Virginia but had to go to Texas instead. Travel costs were not reimbursed but I never reached out to HR to fix that so it's probably more my fault

Interview Questions

• Write out Prims Algorithm and estimate it's best and worst running time   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied online through my college website. Got an email for on campus interview. Took about 2 weeks in total. Very helpful Human resources. Postivie experience in terms of scheduling. It takes a while for them to get back to you tho.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Explain resume
      Tech questions
      Case study
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and told me to apply online.

Received a quick phone call one week later to confirm answers to general questions like location preferences and where I attended university and to set up a date for an onsite interview.

Flown into Richmond, VA another week later (I picked the earliest available date) where I stayed at a nearby hotel overnight. Next morning I was joined by about a dozen other candidates in a tour of the campus, lunch with several TDP full timers, and finally 3 back-to-back interviews. I had a technical interview first, followed by case, then a 15 minute break, and finally behavioral.

Afterward, we were sent to the airport to head back home. Heard back another week later.

Technical - choose whether to write on paper or the whiteboard. 3 questions.

Case - general business scenario, talk about pros and cons, how would you solve this in code

Behavioral - STAR questions

Interview Questions

• General class/db design question.
      Recursion in a tree.
      Going through a linked-list.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

They take you to lunch, then you get a behavioral interview, a case study interview, and a technical interview. They take about 45 min each. You can choose to whiteboard or write on paper, and they're very helpful when you get stuck.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to explain a technical concept to a non-technical person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

You get to have lunch with current employees before the interview begins, which really helps relieve any tension. The actual interview consists of 3 separate interviews back to back, where each interview consists of about 45 minutes. Although it is a long interview day, you get a decent break between each interview and they reach out to you with a decision within about 48 hours of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Blacksburg, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

This was an on campus interview, I applied online through my University's site, and was contacted after for an interview as an Alternate candidate. I am not sure if being an "alternate" affected my chances of getting an offer, but I did not get an offer for this internship.

Interview Questions

• This was a case interview, looking back it was relatively simple, but this was my first ever case interview and I struggled   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Met Capital One through my Club in College and I then went to the Career Expo to talk more about their internship. Applied through University, the application took 3 weeks. Scheduled an on-campus interview through the school. Went in with formal attire, the recruiter wore casual clothes and made me feel relaxed about the interview. The interview was casual and mostly an intro about yourself, your projects, and how well you know your stuff. They mostly want to know about your passion and what projects you've done.