Capital One Finance Rotation Program/Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Finance Rotation Program/Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

Capital One was conducting case study interviews for both the Business Analyst and Finance Rotation programs.
The business analysts had a case study about Subway selling $5 footlongs. It's a very simplified model, with only two subs. They give you prices of 2 kinds of bread and 2 kinds of meat. From here they'll give you a few more numbers to figure out if the promotion is profitable, or at what level of sales is it profitable.
The finance rotation case study was about Capital One offering credit balance insurance. Basically, if a customer has an accident/death, their balance will be cleared on the credit card. (This problem is very similar to the practice case study you can do on their website) They give you numbers for average balance, average rate of deaths/accidents, and cost of the insurance. From their they want a few metrics. They had me graph out two different rates vs. cost or something.

Advice: The entire reason I didn't get a second round is the way I work. I'm an econ major and stats minor, let's just say I do math. The recruiter said "we can talk it out if it helps you." It doesn't help me so I didn't talk it out. I'm better at getting all the data, whirring it around in my brain and giving you a correct final answer. While they definitely want *all correct answers, they also want you to think out loud at them. I got everything correct and didn't get a second round. Just work the problem out loud whether you want to or not.

Interview Questions