Capital One Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,071 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,071 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Market Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

They saw my resume and got in touch right away asking for some availability to speak on the phone. Very straightforward and concise interview, to the point. The lady who interview me was nice and friendly.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

Started with initial HR screening, then online test, then phone interview with Hiring manager followed by a full day of interviews. On site interviews were job fit, behavioral and one case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to handle multiple projects at work?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to convince someone to see things your way?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work on cross functional project. What was your role in it and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had competing priorities at work, how did you manage it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

The entire interview process was pretty pleasant. The interviewers were all really friendly, knowledgeable, and honest about their experiences at Capital One. They'd all been there at least 7 or 8 years and clearly enjoyed their jobs. I had a first round phone interview that dove straight into a case, and found out a few days later that I'd be having an in-person super day the next week. Two cases, very numbers-heavy, and a product interview that was more creative business thinking. I was nervous and definitely made a few mistakes while I was working through my cases, but I worked through my thought process with the interviewers and they were very helpful. Product interview was really fun! In general, I tried to stay relaxed and friendly, and act as if I was already a part of the team.

They took care of my travel, hotel, and food expenses and there was a cute goody bag with snacks and travel gear waiting at the hotel. There were a few other candidates in my group who were clearly very intelligent and friendly, too. The only unpleasant aspect to the whole process was that I didn't find out about my phone interview until the day before so it felt pretty rushed.

Interview Questions

• Break even analysis and market entry calculations, more math heavy than traditional consulting-style cases. Plus the more creative-thinking product interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was told after a few weeks that my application was being reviewed. A few months passed and I was finally given a phone interview, which after a successful interview, resulted in me given an invitation to participate in the final process in Richmond, VA.

Interview Questions

• Business focused case interview was challenging and put me in a position I was never in before. Knowing the facts and numbers were key, and despite my stumbling, I was able to continue thru the case with the interviewer.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

6 rounds of one-on-one interviews: 2 business case, 2 job fit, 1 behavioral, 1 role play. Case, behavioral, and role play are predictable as long as you do your homework and read through other reviews. Job fit is highly flexible--the managers may ask anything relevant to your resume and your background. I failed on job fit. Be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Job fit is highly flexible--the managers may ask anything relevant to your resume and your background. I failed on job fit. Be prepared.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through a job portal site for this position and scheduled a phone-screen interview. Interview process took 2 weeks and this was an easy interview and I performed well answered every question but I don't have any idea where my performance was not good and they offered someone without giving meany feedback.

Interview Questions

• It s about previous experiences and problems you resolved as well as the tools you used?   Answer Question

Product Management/Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

A phone case study interview of 45 min (was given only 30 min since the interviewer had to attend a meeting). The case study was fairly easy. Followed by any questions you have about the company and the role.

Note to Capital One HR: Not giving the stipulated time to the candidate will not result in a fair assessment. If you expect to conduct a phone interview, at least make sure your analysts have a free schedule for the interview time slot.

Interview Questions

• Real Estate Case Study- Price factors and Breakeven analysis.
      Similar to the interview training video of Capital One.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, contacted over for an interview through email. Recruiter called me to make sure I had made travel arrangements the week of. Went through two case interviews and a behavioral interview, each lasting 45 minutes. Then I had lunch with all the other data Analyst Intern and full time candidates.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview - usually questions that have to do with obstacles/teamwork/leadership/people skills. Was asked three questions. The first was describe a time you had to learn something new to complete a task.   1 Answer
    • Case interview - had to graph the relationship between two variables, had to find the equation for relationship between variables   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school career site. Received an on campus interview a few weeks later. It was called a technical behavioral. They asked a few questions like

Tell us about a time you manipulated data
    Name one or two technical concepts you learned and how you applied them
    What experience do you have with extracting data? (SQL queries)

Two days later I was invited to an on campus interview at Plano, TX. There I had 1 behavioral and 2 case interviews. The behavioral asked the following:

Tell me about a time you had to learn something to complete your job
    Tell me about a time where you had to ask for help and who/why you asked

The case interviews were standard I think (first time doing any) and I feel that if I had practiced at all then I would have done better and got the job. Overall it is a cool company and I'm pretty bummed I didn't get the job but that's just more motivation for next time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to change your plan midway   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

After one month I submitted my resume on campus recruiting website, I receive an email to do a Data Challenge. Gives 4 days to finish and mainly about data analysis, machine learning, and statistics modeling. You can use any software / language to conduct the analysis. All questions are "open answers" question. Especially the last question you have four options and just need to answer one of these.

Interview Questions

• Doing a project about New York City taxis data. Firstly do some basic summary statistics and box-plots. Next one is to ask you to identify which trips are from / to the three airports in NYC. Then asking you to build predictions models for tips to the driver. There are like 20 variables include continuous and categorical variables. Last question you have 4 options, I choose the data visualization one, which is plot the pickup and drop-off locations for taxis, but also need to customize some settings to make it more informative.   1 Answer