Capital One Business Systems Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Business Systems Analyst Interview Questions

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied for the job through my university and was contacted immediately to participate in a phone interview, at the end of which the recruiter invited me to take part in an upcoming round of on campus interviews. The day after this round of interviews I was called back to schedule on on-site interview in their Richmond office a week later. They put me up in a hotel the night before the interview and then went through a day consisting of 4 different interviews ranging from single case questions to completely behavioral questions. The next day I was called back with an offer of employment.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn, got a call from the recruiter within 2 weeks and was phone screened that same day. The next step was an online assessment. You need to revise some basic math formulas and you are all set. Once the assessment is cleared the recruiter will give u next steps. I had a phone screen for job fit by my peer/senior team member. They let you know the results the next day and if u r cleared they schedule a face to face interview which is last step before the offer stage.
    My face to face consisted of 1 job fit 2 behavioral and 1 case. The case interview in my case was to find the critical path for a give set of activities by drawing the chart diagram. Some follow up questions included finding the total slack and scenario on eat happened is any one of the task was outsourced. Just a quick revision on project management should help with this one.
    HR has a quick turnaround time and they made it a smooth process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate since they came back with higher numbers than initial discussion

Lead Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Had a telephone interview with the hiring manager followed by all day interview on-site. On-site interview consisted of technical interview, case interview and behavioral interview.
    Team was courteous and fun. Didn't stick to the schedule though.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview was not tough.
      Had to clear a case interview since it was product management job. It was hard.
      Behavioral interview was easy.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in June 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screening with placement agency, then one phone interview with hiring manager and current BSA on team. Surprisingly, did not have a face to face interview or visit to the office before offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation at your previous job and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX).

Interview

Prior to switching to Taleo, one would submit a resume into the black hole that was their HR system and never hear back. Following the implementation of Taleo, I heard back from a recruiter within two weeks of submitting my resume. HR can be slow, but their is an initial HR screen. If you meet their requirements, they will schedule you to take an online exam. This exam will be very similar to a GMAT or GRE with elements from most of the sections.

Should you pass this exam, they will schedule a "power day" with you, which will consist of several job fit interviews, a behavioral interview, and a case interview. The case will be specific to your job title.

If you succeed expect an offer within a week, salary can be negotiable.

Negotiation

a bit lower than what I asked for, met in the middle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

The screening process took a long while (2+months) once I applied online. After the first recruiter call, there were 3 online assessments - verbal, numerical (both timed) and personality. The onsite interview was scheduled in a week. There are 4 interviews 45 min each - 2 behavioral (by IT managers/BSAs), 1 job fit (supposedly by the hiring manager and 1 case by a business person. Each interviewer has a question book and sticks to the same, jotting our answers as we speak. Typical behavioral questions ( 3 for each interview) are available in a Google search. It helps to be prepared with a few sample scenarios for these. Job fit questions are standard also - business vs technical requirement vs design with an example and functional vs non-functional, traceability matrix, testing support etc. My case was a problem to reduce the # of credit card welcome packets, with a critical path activity math exercise.

Capital one has a fabulous campus with demarcated interview rooms. My D-day had about 10 candidates. I was the only one in business casuals and everybody else were in suits.

Interview Questions

• Job fit - business requirement vs system requirement vs design
      Case - How to go about reducing the # of credit care welcome packets
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

The quantitative test was the most difficult online test compared to the other 2. Fortunately passed and was summoned for a 4 hour interview (2 behavioral, 1 job fit and 1 case) The job fit and case interviews were the worst! Job fit interview questions were endless and grueling, and the case interview required a manual calculation and drawing of a GANTT chart! I mean who has ever calculated the number of days in a large project manually?! I was prepared for business case type questions, but never for a project management question.

Interview Questions

• Manually calculate the number of days from a project schedule.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

I had an over the phone interview followed by on site interviews with 3 different people. Each of my on site interviewers had a specific set of questions for me (Skills, behavioral etc) and they noted down the answers on the interview sheet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to influence clients to follow a different course of action.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated the salary with the Director of the team. Once I explained my reasons for requesting a higher salary he offered me a sign on bonus which I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, 3 tests and 4 one on one interviews. Very competent process of interviewing . They are looking for smart people, and believe smart people can be trained for anything.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are generous and not penny pinchers

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

Initially Capital One came to my campus for onsite interviews, and I didn't think too much of it. My friend got the job and loved it, so I applied. I got the recruiter's information from him, so I was able to get my resume directly to a campus recruiter. They liked my resume so they asked me to fill out an online profile. I filled out the profile and officially applied for the job. Afterwards, I had to take a personality test online. I passed that, then they gave me a verbal and quantitative exam. It was pretty intense, I thought I failed, but apparently not.

Afterwards, I was scheduled for a "power day" aka a very long interview day for a month later (earliest available time that worked for my schedule). That is why the process took so long, mainly. I got to the interview day and had the following interviews: Case Interview, Job Fit Interview, Behavioral Interview. I did well on all three and then got a lunch and tour of the campus. Afterwards, I was told I would know in 2-3 business days, but it could take up to 5 business days at the most. I was nervous, but I thought I did well. When I got home I sent thank you e-mails to all of my interviewers and waited.

The next morning I received two replies to my e-mails - both positive, and then about two hours afterwards I got the call with the offer. I accepted the offer letter online and am now waiting to start in about a month. Overall, strenuous, but very rewarding process. They definitely make sure they get you if they like you, if you know what I mean. The company seems awesome, especially to start a career.

Good luck if you're applying for this position, and utilize any resource you can find to prepare for the case. The number one thing in the case is preparation and asking questions and communication during the interview.

For the Behavioral, make sure you read the sample questions they give you ahead of time and have 2-3 examples of each answer ready to go.

For the Job Fit, make sure you're at ease and have a good time, it'll reflect well on you and its the easiest interview.

Also, don't have Mexican food the night before, especially if you're unlucky enough to get a case first thing in the morning....

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to juggle more than one important task at once with varying deadlines and how you were able to handle this situation.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you had to convince someone to see your point of view and how you went about it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, the offer is pretty incredible and I felt it was more than fair.