Capital One Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

115 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Chesapeake, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Premier interview was with a recruiter. The recruiter explained the interview process, company, pay, and benefits of the company. Asked questions IRT my leadership style. Very professional and to the point. This over the phone interview lasted ~30 minutes. Second interview was also over the phone with a director within Capitol One. This interview lasted 30 minutes. Questions were mainly about how my military back round applied to this position and Capitol One. Both interviews were professional and a great experience. I did not get the job; nonetheless, the interview process was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership style.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

It was a case interview with practical questions along with a typical STAR interview. Some of the interviewers were very nice, some were short and on the rude side. We had to calculate for example if a transaction over the credit limit would be allowable or not or decide whether to roll out a certain campaign. If you are not familiar with the industry it can be tough.

Interview Questions

• Would you allow a transaction over the credit limit. They provided numbers for you to be able to calculate it.   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One in March 2016.

Interview

I got a case interview via phone for 30 minutes, lots of data and concepts. It was pretty hard for me ,especially international students like me to grasp the very idea whether it is 15 or 50, and also through the process, i made some basically math mistakes,so that is why i think i will fail......I would prefer one-on-one case interview

Interview Questions

• Deciding the strategy whether to enter a specific market.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I've worked at two banks prior to applying for this position (Bank of America and Wells Fargo) and BY FAR, Capital One is the most efficient financial institution I've come across. I'm seriously blown away by how swiftly the hiring process was completed. The entire process from application to offer only took four days....not kidding!

I applied on October 6th, 2015. One hour after I submitted my application, I received an e-mail with a link to a "One-Way" Interview, I had never heard of this type of interview prior to this e-mail, so for all of you that haven't heard of it either, you simply answer questions that are provided to you on screen and the app (it's called HireVue) records your responses and sends them to Capital One's recruiting team. It asks basic questions such as, why Capital One? Name a time when you dealt with an unpleasant customer" etc. You can take the interview anytime you want. The responses are timed and you can only re-record your response once, but they give you plenty of time to prepare for the recording. There were 7 questions total.

I honestly thought I did terrible. I was nervous and felt awkward talking to myself about my accomplishments lol, but a few hours after I submitted my interview, my recruiter contacted me and scheduled a face to face interview the next day.

The face to face interview was also pretty standard and she only asked 4 questions. They were behavioral, as well. The manager who interviewed me was very nice and conversational, which made the interview feel pretty laid back. It helped with my butterflies.

I received a call today (10/9/2015) extending the offer.

My advice...have 3 or 4 stories prepared that you can easily tweak to cater to their questions. Be detailed and focus on what you did in the scenario, even though they ask a few team related questions. Also be sure to focus on going above and beyond for your customer and you'll be just fine.

Interview Questions

• 1. Name a time you had to tell a customer something unpleasant? What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the result?

2. Name a time you had to work with a team to accomplish a goal

3. Name a time your created/developed something to make a situation better

4. Why this position?   Answer Question

Senior Operations Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Secaucus, NJ).

Interview

I applied online Capital One's website. Its definitely one of those long drawn out applications with questionnaire. I was called into the location within 2 weeks of completing my application. I received an offer within the following week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

First a phone call with the recruiter followed by a phone case interview which was pretty simple.

Power day at their campus included 4 interviews- 2 cases plus 2 behavioral. Behavioral interviews are the most straightforward interviews on earth. Three straight questions are asked with an expected STAR format answer. Cases are adaptive in that the difficulty of cases will increase as you answer questions correctly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to anticipate a problem and resolve it before it became an issue.
      Tell me about a time when you had a difficult team to deal with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

screening call from HR, then a phone case interview from a senior manager. And I was be invited to the onsite interview on Virginia. The whole process is great and HR is really helpful. Unfortunately, I didn't been asked to stay for the additional interview at afternoon. I received the rejected phone couple days later by calling from HR. They appreciated all the interviewees. It's a pleasure experience.

Interview Questions

• phone screening interview question is typical call center and customer volume. Simple math calculation.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst- Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Melville, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Met up with my recruiter who then followed me into the conference room. Then I was interviewed by 5 people ranging from Senior Director, Risk Managers, Operational Director and 2 Associates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you worked hard at something and it didn't turn out the way you wanted to?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you analyzed data?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked with confidential information?   Answer Question
    • What kind of capital structure can be determined from these financial statements? What is the pattern?   1 Answer

Senior Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Decent, was a bit off with training period though. I spoke with a recruiter, then met with the hiring manager. Then i did some personality tests. and met some of the employees got a tour., they called me a few days later. gave me the offer. it was good. i guess.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was straight forward. 2 cases 2 behavioral. Back to back interviews with a 15 min break. Any mathematical calculation error on cases will through you out of the game. Nice people. In my second case interview, the interviewer came 8 minutes late but left on time! Could not get enough time to reach the recommendation of the case.