Capital One Rotation Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Rotation Program Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

Management Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume online and was invited for an on campus interview for a one-on-one behavioral interview with a recruiter. Interview lasted 45 minutes consisting of 3 behavioral questions. The interviewer was very nice and I thought the interview went well. I was told at the interview and in an email that I would have a decision about a final interview within 24-48 hours. I was contacted 5 days later and told they had no update and I would receive an update by the following Monday. Monday came and still heard nothing. I contacted the recruiter on Tuesday and she emailed me the next day saying she still had no info and she would have an update for me on the next Friday. Once again Friday came and still no information. I called her the next Tuesday with no answer. Finally I received a very generic email 2 days later that I did not get another interview. This was 3 weeks after my initial interview. By this point I was already turned off by Capital One and had no interest in working there. I had other friends who interviewed the same day as me and received final interview offers within days. Meanwhile the recruiter was telling me she was "tracking down the results" from other people and other various excuses for putting me on the back burner, while avoiding actually telling me about my status. If you give a candidate 3 different deadlines for a decision and let them pass without a single word to the candidate you are not portraying your company in a good light. I was fine that I did not get a final interview. Because of their delay in getting back to me I accepted a better offer with a higher salary at a company who was more respectful towards my time while they capital one was busy "tracking down results".

Finance Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on campus for first-round interview. Passed that and got an offer for final-round interview at their Richmond office. It was a Super Day consisting of a Job-Fit Interview, Behavioral Interview, and a Case Interview. I think the questions asked were fair, not difficult but also not easy. You should brush up on your Algebra skills for the case interview.

Finance Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through the website and ended up receiving a final round interview in the Richmond Office. Overall, the interview was not terribly hard, but definitely not super easy. 2 case studies dealing mainly with profit and break even calculations, as well as lots of analysis based on quantitative conclusions. I would definitely recommend reviewing basic accounting principles and skills. 1 behavioral interview and 1 job fit interview as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed?
      Tell me about a time you conflicted with a team member?
      What is an accomplishment that you are proud of?
      2 cases dealing with profit and break even analysis
      Answer Question

Financial Rotational Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at my university. The interview was a case interview. There was a ton of prep available and even a workshop on campus a few days earlier to help applicants. Unfortunately, I was not there nor did I do much preparing. Thought I did terrible on the case interview - in fact, I know I did - I got invited to attend a Capital One Powerday in Richmond. Had another case interview (went better, but not great), a job fit interview (was told it was very conversational, but thought it more challenging than the behavioral interview), and a behavioral interview. I was only asked about four questions during the behavioral interview and thought them fairly straightforward, although be prepared for follow up questions. If you state something, be prepared to follow up on it as I was asked many questions about my responses. In other words, don't try to BS those questions. As a whole, I found the interview process - as far as interviews go - very pleasant. Everyone was very professional and accommodating. The one qualm I have is that when I was denied the position and requested feedback, I was told that none existed and the HR respondent even stated that "many applicants don't make it to the interview process." Obviously a pretty big disconnect there, which is pretty frustrating.

Finance Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

They were very nice. Let me stay at a 5 star program but they messed up scheduling and had me sitting in a small empty room by myself for 45 minutes before I even had an interview.Overall though, the people were very nice and asked very engaging and fair questions and answered any questions that I had of my own. I was very happy with the process albeit disappointed with the result, but the competition is grueling to get into this program so don't be too disheartened.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to take part in a rotational program vs other, more concrete and specialized employment opportunities?   Answer Question

Finance Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online through campus recruiting then given a chance to do a face to face case interview. Was offered a chance to interview at headquarters in Richmond VA. The round consisted of 7 applicants and 3 different interviews, behavioral, case, and job fit. Interviewers were very kind and welcoming. Great tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where you are not enjoying the task at aoek   Answer Question

Finance Rotation Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Chapel Hill, NC).

Interview

First round case interview. Very simple consulting-like question based on credit worthiness. Began with qualitative element and moved into quantitative, where you were expected to provide a recommendation based on the evidence. Follow up interviews consist of multiple similar simple case interviews, and one behavioral one. Took about 45 minutes, and the interviewer made sure to guide you at points if you got stuck. Overall, not too complex and the interviewer was very easy to work with.

Interview Questions

• Q: If you are a manager, is this company reliable to grant a loan to?   Answer Question

Human Resources Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

Submit your resume and then meet with a recruiter for a behavioral interview with typical behavioral questions (name a time when you had to convince someone/a group, name a time you went against the status quo, name a time you had to sacrifice in the short-term for long-term gain). Second round (if you move on) they fly you out to McClean, Virginia for a case interview.

Audit Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

One on campus interview. Then Capital One brought me down for a interview on their campus. They put you up in a nice hotel, and pay for your travel and meals. Recruiters were very nice, and interviews were very relaxed. The case study was fairly simple and the interviewers answer any questions you have.

Financial Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a great experience. The campus locates in Richmond, VA is huge with very nice interview environment. Each of the interviewees has a small room and interviewer will come direct to you. The on site interview has a long schedule, which I did four interviews in one morning. It was tired.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with the project outside of your comfort zone?   1 Answer