Capital One Rotation Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Rotation Program Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Management Rotation Program Interview

Interview

University recruiting, in-person interview round 1, power day round 2 on-site. Recruiter was nice - asks you to frame your answers in a very specific way which I did not like.

Management Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in October 2017.

Interview

Connected with a recruiter, was sent to Richmond for a superday. It was nice, they paid for everything, food, hotel, train. There were 3 interview, a case, Behavioral, and a fit interview. They were all not to bad as long as you prepared. The only issue is they siad they woul get back to me within one or two days. It has been a week and I am still waiting. Even if they reject me, I just want them to tell me so I can move on. We will see.

Interview Questions

• Can you share with me a time when you had to challenge the status quo.   Answer Question

Management Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university & the process took a couple of weeks. The interview was behavioral, but they tried to walk me through each step of the STAR method, so it was a little fragmented and I felt cut off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for a campus interview and was invited for a 45 minute behavioral interview. I met with one recruiter, who was very friendly. She asked basic behavioral questions. I heard my results within about 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with people who were different from you   Answer Question

Management Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Entire process took 3 weeks. Applied on company website. Invited for final round interview at headquarters in Richmond, VA. Interview consisted of 3 rounds: job fit, behavioral, and case interview.

Interview Questions

• Out of a list of four possible activities, which would you choose to improve team dynamics and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

2 interviews, one on college site and one on capital one office for internship. Experience was very positive, interviewers were friendly. Heard back relatively quickly after final interview round (consisted of full day of interview)

Interview Questions

• Given a hypothetical business problem (how to release a mobile app), how would you tackle the project.   1 Answer

Management Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume online and was invited for an on campus interview for a one-on-one behavioral interview with a recruiter. Interview lasted 45 minutes consisting of 3 behavioral questions. The interviewer was very nice and I thought the interview went well. I was told at the interview and in an email that I would have a decision about a final interview within 24-48 hours. I was contacted 5 days later and told they had no update and I would receive an update by the following Monday. Monday came and still heard nothing. I contacted the recruiter on Tuesday and she emailed me the next day saying she still had no info and she would have an update for me on the next Friday. Once again Friday came and still no information. I called her the next Tuesday with no answer. Finally I received a very generic email 2 days later that I did not get another interview. This was 3 weeks after my initial interview. By this point I was already turned off by Capital One and had no interest in working there. I had other friends who interviewed the same day as me and received final interview offers within days. Meanwhile the recruiter was telling me she was "tracking down the results" from other people and other various excuses for putting me on the back burner, while avoiding actually telling me about my status. If you give a candidate 3 different deadlines for a decision and let them pass without a single word to the candidate you are not portraying your company in a good light. I was fine that I did not get a final interview. Because of their delay in getting back to me I accepted a better offer with a higher salary at a company who was more respectful towards my time while they capital one was busy "tracking down results".

Finance Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on campus for first-round interview. Passed that and got an offer for final-round interview at their Richmond office. It was a Super Day consisting of a Job-Fit Interview, Behavioral Interview, and a Case Interview. I think the questions asked were fair, not difficult but also not easy. You should brush up on your Algebra skills for the case interview.

Finance Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through the website and ended up receiving a final round interview in the Richmond Office. Overall, the interview was not terribly hard, but definitely not super easy. 2 case studies dealing mainly with profit and break even calculations, as well as lots of analysis based on quantitative conclusions. I would definitely recommend reviewing basic accounting principles and skills. 1 behavioral interview and 1 job fit interview as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed?
      Tell me about a time you conflicted with a team member?
      What is an accomplishment that you are proud of?
      2 cases dealing with profit and break even analysis   Answer Question

Financial Rotational Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at my university. The interview was a case interview. There was a ton of prep available and even a workshop on campus a few days earlier to help applicants. Unfortunately, I was not there nor did I do much preparing. Thought I did terrible on the case interview - in fact, I know I did - I got invited to attend a Capital One Powerday in Richmond. Had another case interview (went better, but not great), a job fit interview (was told it was very conversational, but thought it more challenging than the behavioral interview), and a behavioral interview. I was only asked about four questions during the behavioral interview and thought them fairly straightforward, although be prepared for follow up questions. If you state something, be prepared to follow up on it as I was asked many questions about my responses. In other words, don't try to BS those questions. As a whole, I found the interview process - as far as interviews go - very pleasant. Everyone was very professional and accommodating. The one qualm I have is that when I was denied the position and requested feedback, I was told that none existed and the HR respondent even stated that "many applicants don't make it to the interview process." Obviously a pretty big disconnect there, which is pretty frustrating.