Capital One Strategy Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 31, 2017

3.5

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Recruiter called to inform about open position, I applied online. I was then asked to complete a online personality test and competence test that involved basic economic, math, and reading comprehension.

Interview Questions

• Basic short passage reading comprehension, and mathematical statistics and economics.   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied through university and accepted on-campus interview. 30 minute case interview, no behavioral. The case was very numerically based. Although there was time at the end for questions, it was very limited.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Cambridge, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through my University's on-campus process... Did several networking events, was selected as an alternate for a first round interview on-campus, which consisted of back-to-back case studies, 30 minutes each. No behavioral/fit questions at all.

Interview Questions

• First case discuss two credit card types, "classic" and "venture" ... I was given a table with data on each, eventually had to compute some made up "loss" value statistic/percentage (I don't quite remember, but they gave me the formula) for both cards together, given a ratio of classic:venture cards. Then had to perform a second calculation with that equation, given a lower loss value and variable classic:venture card ratio.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Initial communication and interaction with the company highly positive- they arranged several open bar/hors d'oeuvres mixers (one following campus career fair, the next for those accepted for first-round interviews). Pride themselves on unique, internal strategic focus. Culture is much more similar to consulting than banking. Interview consisted of "getting to know you" questions, which were largely a formality, followed by a case interview. The case interview is slightly more quantitative than the majority of consulting interviews, but still follows basic case style. Keep your thoughts organized, know what each number refers to (and decide if some of the information you've been given is irrelevant to the specific aspect of the question you're trying to answer then before incorporating it in your answer), don't hesitate to ask questions, think before you speak, all of the standard advice.

Interview Questions

• Market sizing and cost-benefit analysis of advertising channels: facebook vs. email.   Answer Question

Strategy/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

interview process was casual. Hiring manager was friendly and open about the job expectations and my skill sets.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Formal and friendly. Company meets your demands as long as they are reasonable

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One in November 2009.

Interview

Really nice and approachable people at the career fair. Pre-interview consisted of a verbal reasoning and quantitative tests as well as personalty tests. 45 minute case interview. interviewer didn't ask me a single question about myself - not even why Capital One. He went straight into the case, asked unanswerable questions and was utterly condescending. worst interviewer ever.

Interview Questions

• What is the average time spent talking on phones for customer service representatives and how does this relate to profit   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied through university career website and was contacted by email for an interview as an alternate candidate on campus. The interview consisted immediately of a relatively simple case regarding contacting alumni for donations through various methods and determining which method, based on revenue and cost, would be best to use in the future.

Interview Questions

• The case consisted of several steps that required consistently correct responses, but the interviewer was nice about pointing out the right direction when necessary.   Answer Question