Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

2,937 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

One on one, two on one, group excersises. Interview was inside a meeting room. Very laid back and professional. Not intimidating at all. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. It was an all day assessment with lunch provided.

Interview Questions

• Give an instance of a time you had to go above and beyond your job requirements.   Answer Question

Business Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

2 cases with some behavioral questions to start.

Cases are not difficult but do require attention to detail so pay attention so that you don't miss key information. I didn't feel as strongly as I thought I would coming out due to the fact that it was a pretty intense process overall but the interviewers were very supportive. I am currently waiting to hear back regarding next steps.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond to help a teammate.

Cases on a breakfast establishment and wheat industry   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Liked everyone else described in the earlier post, this is a very rigorous interview process.
    1. Coding Challenge - If you know the basic python programming, you should be fine.
    2. Phone Screening - Fraud detection, modeling related questions.
    3. Data Challenge - NYC taxi, predictive modeling, not very difficult.
    4. Onsite - 2 case interview + 1 behavior + 1 presentation + 1 technical + 1 job fit.

I think I did a perfect job in all cases, behavior and presentation parts, and I could tell from interviewer's response that they are very happy with my answer. The technical guy seems a little angry when he walked in to the office, and did not have patient to listen the full story about my experience. I answered 9/10 questions he asked, and that 1 question that I did not answer was a weird question. When I met the the last guy for the job fit discussion, I realized that the opening is under a data engineer team and they required candidate have lots of experience in software developing. I just very honestly told him that I don't have experience of developing massive product ionize code but I come from EE background, so should be able to lean and ramp up quickly. (but honestly, I don't want to be a full time software developer)

They came back with a very unexpected results. They did not give me offer for this position, but offered me another more business focused job with the feedback that they think I am extremely strong in business.

Overall, good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used someone else expertise to solve a problem.
      Tell me about a time you learned something new and solved a problem.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your experience in neural network?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

- About 6 video interviews
    - Skill Reviews
    - Personality analysis/workplace & interpersonal skill analysis
    - Took about an hour to complete
    - 3 In person interviews with very similar questions (even the same exact questions) as the video interviews which can be very helpful for those with performance anxiety.

Interview Questions

• - Talk about an experience in your workplace where you positively affected a customer   Answer Question
    • - Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this position   Answer Question

Contracts ManagerTPM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

HR Phone Pre-Screen, Hiring Manager Phone Pre-Screen On Site interview (two role fit with managers 45 mins each and two behavioral 45 mins each)

As other reviews stated the managers were very uninterested - rushed through process; one did not make much eye contact; almost like they had someone else in mind for the role and were just going through the motions

Got feedback that I didn't the job because I lacked the necessary skills for the role even though I am currently doing the job with another firm

Capital One presents itself as being culturally diverse however if you look them up on Linked In you will see they are not

Interview Questions

• Describe a time had to sell an unpopular idea to management   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

On Campus short case interview , then final round interview in their wWashington DC office. Final round consisted of two case interviews and a product interview with a little walk me through your resume type questions at the start of each.

Interview Questions

• 2 case questions and then a product management question
      -Pick an app and describe how it works   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Capital One sets up interviewees with a hotel room for the night before the Richmond HQ interview. The interview process began at about 8:30am, and I had 4 interviews in a row. This lasted for about 4 hours. Each interviewee gets their own designated room for the entire time. After this, interviewees form small groups and have lunch with a current employee. This is a good time for more open talk about the company. Finally, everyone gets a tour of the campus. Everyone was kind and informative. The case interviews were difficult because they involved more in depth math than I was expecting (they are not traditional case interviews).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went out of your way to help someone else (Using the STAR system).   Answer Question

Project Management and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY).

Interview

This was an on campus one on one case interview. It was very standard with the interviewer taking me through the beginning of the problem and allowing for questions and more information. I had to do some basic math calculations given the data for my specific scenario, and they were pretty basic (breakeven, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Typical case interview question, how does this company increase the money they make, what solution would you look for first, etc.   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was flown out to Richmond for a power day that consisted of 3 hour long interviews. One interview was for Behavioral which was your generic interview to see if you fit within in the culture. The second is a case interview to test your analytical skills. The final interview is a tech interview depending on the position you are going for.

Senior Associate Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alabang (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Alabang (Philippines)) in November 2016.

Interview

It is okay. Not so nerve racking especially if you are lucky enough to be assigned to a pleasant interviewer. The interviews are conducted by the HR people and most of them are pleasantly accommodating or they try to be.

Interview Questions

• Share one experience where you did something beyond your duties and responsibilities in order to please a customer.   1 Answer