Capital One Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1,088 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

6 rounds of one-on-one interviews: 2 business case, 2 job fit, 1 behavioral, 1 role play. Case, behavioral, and role play are predictable as long as you do your homework and read through other reviews. Job fit is highly flexible--the managers may ask anything relevant to your resume and your background. I failed on job fit. Be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Job fit is highly flexible--the managers may ask anything relevant to your resume and your background. I failed on job fit. Be prepared.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, contacted over for an interview through email. Recruiter called me to make sure I had made travel arrangements the week of. Went through two case interviews and a behavioral interview, each lasting 45 minutes. Then I had lunch with all the other data Analyst Intern and full time candidates.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview - usually questions that have to do with obstacles/teamwork/leadership/people skills. Was asked three questions. The first was describe a time you had to learn something new to complete a task.   1 Answer
    • Case interview - had to graph the relationship between two variables, had to find the equation for relationship between variables   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through a job portal site for this position and scheduled a phone-screen interview. Interview process took 2 weeks and this was an easy interview and I performed well answered every question but I don't have any idea where my performance was not good and they offered someone without giving meany feedback.

Interview Questions

• It s about previous experiences and problems you resolved as well as the tools you used?   Answer Question

Product Management/Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

A phone case study interview of 45 min (was given only 30 min since the interviewer had to attend a meeting). The case study was fairly easy. Followed by any questions you have about the company and the role.

Note to Capital One HR: Not giving the stipulated time to the candidate will not result in a fair assessment. If you expect to conduct a phone interview, at least make sure your analysts have a free schedule for the interview time slot.

Interview Questions

• Real Estate Case Study- Price factors and Breakeven analysis.
      Similar to the interview training video of Capital One.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school career site. Received an on campus interview a few weeks later. It was called a technical behavioral. They asked a few questions like

Tell us about a time you manipulated data
    Name one or two technical concepts you learned and how you applied them
    What experience do you have with extracting data? (SQL queries)

Two days later I was invited to an on campus interview at Plano, TX. There I had 1 behavioral and 2 case interviews. The behavioral asked the following:

Tell me about a time you had to learn something to complete your job
    Tell me about a time where you had to ask for help and who/why you asked

The case interviews were standard I think (first time doing any) and I feel that if I had practiced at all then I would have done better and got the job. Overall it is a cool company and I'm pretty bummed I didn't get the job but that's just more motivation for next time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to change your plan midway   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied after I talked with a recruiter at a job fair. I filled out the application online and received a call to schedule a phone call case study interview. Capital One provides you with the opportunity to do a practice case study interview before the real one, which I highly recommend and regret not taking. The case study discussed basic financial analysis and then communicating your recommendation based on said analysis. My biggest advice is LISTEN CAREFULLY. Things had gone smoothly for me up until I misheard something and was not able to calculate a correct number. Do this relax and I'm sure the interview will go smoothly.

Interview Questions

• You are an owner of a boardwalk shop that sells 3 items...   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

After one month I submitted my resume on campus recruiting website, I receive an email to do a Data Challenge. Gives 4 days to finish and mainly about data analysis, machine learning, and statistics modeling. You can use any software / language to conduct the analysis. All questions are "open answers" question. Especially the last question you have four options and just need to answer one of these.

Interview Questions

• Doing a project about New York City taxis data. Firstly do some basic summary statistics and box-plots. Next one is to ask you to identify which trips are from / to the three airports in NYC. Then asking you to build predictions models for tips to the driver. There are like 20 variables include continuous and categorical variables. Last question you have 4 options, I choose the data visualization one, which is plot the pickup and drop-off locations for taxis, but also need to customize some settings to make it more informative.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online after going to the Capital One booth at my campus career fair. Had my first-round interview on campus. It was a 30 minute case interview that tested mainly quantitative skills, but also had some open ended analytical questions. The case and the questions on it were fairly basic.

Interview Questions

• As the owner of an apartment complex, would you rather charge a higher rent but have less tenants or charge a lower rent but have more tenants, if both options result in the same profit?   Answer Question

Product Manager and Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

On campus interview after applying through school portal. There was a quick 30 minute case question with both quantitative and qualitative questions asked followed by the interviewer answering questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Find the breakeven cost of an online campaign or local event   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (University Park, TX).

Interview

It was a phone case interview problem. Capital one gives you a practice one online. It was challenging to do this over the phone since usually you can show your interviewer your work you had to talk out every single mathematical step.