Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017
2,769 Interview Reviews

3.1

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2017.

Interview

Just like everyone said, the flow of interview is Recruiter -> HankerRank -> Technical Phone Interview -> Data Challenge -> On-Site.
    There are few things I want to address:
    1. They define their data scientist as 50% software engineer, 30% statistician, and 20% business analyst. The main tools they are using is Python, Amazon Web Services, and Spark(Scala).
    2. They don't give offer if you can be on board within 2 months, so don't apply too early.
    3. They will sponsor for this position.

Interview Questions

• My earliest graduation date is in August, so the recruiter just called to confirm my visa condition and explain the whole process to me. He wanted me to contact him again before my graduation.   Answer Question

Product Manager and Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

On campus interview after applying through school portal. There was a quick 30 minute case question with both quantitative and qualitative questions asked followed by the interviewer answering questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Find the breakeven cost of an online campaign or local event   Answer Question

Rotation Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Solely Case Interview, not hard but need to be calm to do easy math. Response is very quick, with in one week. Case contain lots of quantitative questions and ask you to draw some graph. need to be careful.

Marketing Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

First was contacted about this position after applying on LinkedIn. It was offered through a third-party recruiting firm as a contract-to-hire position, and I wasn't aware it was Cap One until the recruiter told me. That was in November. Fast forward to February and I have almost forgotten about this position until the recruiter calls back to say they would like to move forward all the sudden. He keeps saying they usually move quickly but this never really happened. I did two phone interviews within a week with the hiring manager and other employees, then hear nothing for another week.

Then for some reason Cap One decides they want this to be a full-time position instead. Great, I say. But I have to complete their personality and skills assessments, including a math test, even though I'm applying for a role that as far as I can tell has nothing to do with math. The questions on the verbal and numerical reasoning test were surprisingly hard. I tried my best though, assuming this was just a formality.

After taking the tests and having more than a month pass between when I even did the last interview, the Cap One recruiter finally tells me I am not a match. Gee, thanks for the fun 4 month ride, guys. It really irks me that recruiters are OK with stringing people along like this.

TechnologyProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a mail, telling me about selecting me after seeing my resume, asking me about convenient days for an interview. They booked a room for me the previous night. The interview day started with lunch with employers, and then three continuous rounds - Technical, Business Case, Behavioural. I was seated in the same room, with different interviewers walking in in their time slots.

The entire planning and HR was very good. Very impressed with the company. As a data engineer, I found that they are doing awesome stuff there.

They are not hiring international candidates who might require sponsorship, which is very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural- Tell me about yourself, describe one project that you are proud of, a time when you explained a technica concept to a non-technical person.
      Business Case- this was very much unlike the training video that they have on youtube, and I could not understand what was expected from me till the end. I was expected to write pseudocode.
      Technical - questions were designed depending upon my resume, software modelling and data structures and algo qstns.
      Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Just the same as everyone said here. HR Screening, coding test, technical phone interview, data challenge, on-site. The interviews are not easy, especially in the final round which includes technical, behavioral, case, role play. The HR was very professional and nice.

Customer Solutions Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Two interviews. Very nice people. Went in super nervous but the gentleman I had were super laid back and awesome.. Basic behavioral questions asked. Waiting to hear back. Just went today. Supposed to hear within 48 hours!

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (University Park, TX).

Interview

It was a phone case interview problem. Capital one gives you a practice one online. It was challenging to do this over the phone since usually you can show your interviewer your work you had to talk out every single mathematical step.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Recruiter called to inform about open position, I applied online. I was then asked to complete a online personality test and competence test that involved basic economic, math, and reading comprehension.

Interview Questions

• Basic short passage reading comprehension, and mathematical statistics and economics.   Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call inviting me to Plano TX. They flew me in and had 3 interviews, case, behavioral and technical. The case interviewer came in late to the interview, very unprofessional and was very impatient with my answers. The behavioral & technical one was simple and straightforward.