Capital One Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,109 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,109 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Manager and Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

On campus interview after applying through school portal. There was a quick 30 minute case question with both quantitative and qualitative questions asked followed by the interviewer answering questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Find the breakeven cost of an online campaign or local event   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (University Park, TX).

Interview

It was a phone case interview problem. Capital one gives you a practice one online. It was challenging to do this over the phone since usually you can show your interviewer your work you had to talk out every single mathematical step.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Champaign, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied at career fair, was emailed a week later with an invitation for an on campus interview. The interview was 45 minutes long, behavioral and not too hard. The interviewer was mainly asking about my passions in the field and what excites me about the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you look to find out about new technology?   Answer Question
    • What is one current innovation in technology that excites you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

4 Rounds in total, I could only go till 3. Started with a basic introductory round where I was asked about my background and a few quantitative questions. Followed by a Hacker Rank challenge and a case study.

Interview Questions

• For the first round it was questions related to simple interest, compound interest etc. For hacker Rank 2 SQL questions and 2 pytho questions. Case study was an open data set that was required to be analysed.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2017.

Interview

HR interview (basic questions) followed by a programming test - sql joins and programming questions on hackerrank. Next was a data challenge - you are given data and a week to build a dashboard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Columbus, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Conducted a brief screening at my university. Asked me about my technical experience and how I have used different tools to analyze data. The interviewer was particularly interested to know if I have used Python or data visualization software before.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Recruiter called to inform about open position, I applied online. I was then asked to complete a online personality test and competence test that involved basic economic, math, and reading comprehension.

Interview Questions

• Basic short passage reading comprehension, and mathematical statistics and economics.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Long process. Started in September and completed earlier in January. Met them on campus. Had an on campus case interview. Phone behavioral. Three more interviews on site in Richmond two months later. Two cases and one product interview. Overall fun process. I thought I did well on the cases and product but guess not because I didn't get the offer.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY).

Interview

Had multiple phone Interviews prior to an in-person super day. Each phone call consisted had a case study example that I had to solve over the phone. Other then that, the interview was smooth and classic behavior questions were asked. At the super day, I was interviewed by 3 different people. The first interview was a behavioral interview, asking questions about my experiences and how I reacted to certain situations. The next two interviews were case studies, one was credit card related and tied to what work the analyst does and the other was very random (I remember it being about farms and hay stacks.) Unfortunately, I did not receive an offer.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2017.

Interview

We've all met them, people who don't make a great first impression but end up being great employees. To make sure you don't overlook these diamonds in the rough, withhold judgment until you've had the chance to thoroughly evaluate a candidate's capabilities and potential.