Capital One Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,041 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,041 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college career website. I did not check my school email ahead of time, but if I did it would have told me that the interview was a case interview and not a behavioral interview like I was expecting. Although I did fine since the case interview tested my business reasoning and math skills.

Interview Questions

• In a certain business scenario, they asked how I would increase profits to the proposed startup.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was relatively straightforward. I applied online through my school's career website. I heard back a week later and was told I had been selected for an interview scheduled for the following week.

The interview itself lasted around 30-40 mins. It was a standard case interview. The interviewer presented a case and provided data, asking questions about profitability, break-even price, and market strategy ideas based on the information at hand. Overall, it was a great interview experience and the recruiter I was assigned to was excellent.

Unfortunately, I was unable to answer one of the questions and did not receive a second-round interview.

Interview Questions

• Profitability Analysis, Break-even price, Market Strategy   Answer Question

Fraud Analyst Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter and then hiring manager. Straightforward questions on experience, fit and salary requirements. Interested in motivation and willingness to rebuild a program rather than just fill an existing role.

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

It was a case interview with practical questions along with a typical STAR interview. Some of the interviewers were very nice, some were short and on the rude side. We had to calculate for example if a transaction over the credit limit would be allowable or not or decide whether to roll out a certain campaign. If you are not familiar with the industry it can be tough.

Interview Questions

• Would you allow a transaction over the credit limit. They provided numbers for you to be able to calculate it.   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a phone screen followed by an invitation to an in-person "Power Day" at the Capital One offices.

Power Day consisted of three before-lunch interviews (two case, one behavioral) followed by lunch with a current associate. An additional after-lunch interview could occur of the interviewers want additional information or have not been able to make a final decision (in favor or against) about the candidate. The after-lunch interview could be behavioral, case, or some combination, depending on the unique situation.

The behavioral interview was straightforward and reflected the topics suggested on the Capital One applicant page. The cases were also super straightforward - mine both reflected actual Capital One business issues.

All in all, a very efficient and pleasant process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince someone who disagreed with you to come around to your way of thinking?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

first phone interview - then onsite interview with 3 people for 45 mins each- 2 analytics 1 HR person. Analytics side you need to be calm and not get excited so you can think clearly. HR questions are as expected so prepare your answers and dont give the same example for different questions.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and within 3 weeks, I received a call from the recruiter, who is a contractor, for a pre-screen. I passed and she told me there was a few assessments to take in order to move to 2nd round phone interview w. hiring mgr. During the screening it came to a conclusion the role was a lower salary and had agreed to continue.

The assessment was GMAT style questionnaire. It took more than a week for me to get access to the testing due to some conflict on my profile questions I answered during my application process.

Anyone knows that tests like these require studying prior to. I did not complete the testing as I realized this company nor lower paying role were for me.

This is a sub-prime credit card company and after this initial prescreening process, I'm not interested

Interview Questions

• What was your prior base pay? What type of roles are you applying for?   Answer Question

I opted out to take these unnecessary assessments

Principal Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in August 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen was with all around questions including analytic and technical. Analytic questions were little vague and pertained to their business scenarios. Do no think the interview pattern gave a fair chance to folks who are skilled but not upto the point in expressing. Looked like he was expecting a predefined set of answers for vague and open ended questions.

Interview Questions

• Cap One customers drop out in the middle of using their mobile app. How would you analyse and report?   Answer Question

Principal Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online directly with Capital One. Waited about 4-5 weeks then received an email from the recruiter to "test" for the job. The "test" is a three part timed test allowing about 20 minutes (more or less) for each portion including math word problems. Take as much time as you need to practice.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter asked me to describe a time when I came up with an idea in my current role for the company, what the idea was, and how it was used.

The recruiter asked me to take time over the weekend to "prepare" for the three part test. Advice well given.
      2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Capital One begins with a phone case study that lasts about 45 minutes. Upon acceptance to moving forward, they fly you out to one of their headquarters (Plano, TX or McLean, Virginia) for one behavioral interview and two more case studies. This process takes about four hours. They were extremely quick with their decision and informed me I received the position before I could board my plane home.

Interview Questions

• Would you recommend that we move forward with the project described here in the case study?   1 Answer