Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017
2,690 Interview Reviews

3.1

Help Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Long, and quick. I got lost finding the building. After parking they had me wait in the cafeteria/public area by the security desk. They had someone come down to the cafeteria to get me. They were very nice but the floor was very empty. The floor was clean with happy people working relaxing and talking. I was placed in a room where I waited 30 mins to speak to the first interviewer. Then the second interviewer. Then the person who escorted me spoke to me. They were nice people.

Interview Questions

• Explain an experience when you were provided with excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY).

Interview

On campus recruiting that contained two thirty minute interviews each with one case study. No behavioral questions. Applied a week before was notified of interviews the following week. Not much else to report.

Senior Fraud Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online at glass door and got an email a few days later to go online and do a video interview where I recorded answers to questions they asked me. A week after that I got a call for an interview. The interview was about 15 minutes and they asked me the same type of questions as the video interview and i got a call the next day offering the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • Describe yourself and what you would bring to our company   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation where youve had to get multiple things done in a short amount of time   Answer Question

Head Teller, U B A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Horrible, they interviewed me over the phone, then I got two more interviews, I thought I got the job, but one of the top managers saw me using my cellphone in the waiting area, apparently he didn't like that or because I'm a mature lady or because my language and accent, so disappointed another this bank......

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY).

Interview

Online application received phone call for over the telephone interview two days after. Completed online assessment. Had face to face interview in front of two people. Process was simple and easy.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

1: Phone Interview with basic background questions followed by 5 basic arithmetic questions to solve. The answers need to be right, else you don't proceed ahead.
    Some of the Topics: weighted averages, break-even quantities/prices, simple interest, profit calculation. (I found most of the sums asked already here)

2. Hackerank Challenge - R, Python, Java, JavaScript

3. Data Challenge - Given the dataset you need to perform analysis and give recommendations (Difficult)

4. On site Interview : If you get one, your recruiter would provide you on how to prepare and topics needed in detail

a. Case Interview - 2
    b. Data Challenge presentation
    c. Behavioral Interview

For me Case Interview Topics I already found them here, though I have summarized them and here they are here, I bet you practice all of this, you get the job

Interview Questions

• They check for your attitude, your approach and your anxiety level! I solved both the case studies and I know I rocked the behavioral and Data challenge round, but still didn't ended up not being selected, why?   5 Answers
    • References?   2 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Terrible experience. Applied online, and recieved a response about 1 week later asking for a phone screening interview. We set it up and they proceeded to miss it and 2 days later send a no-reply email saying I wasn't the right candidate. No apology for missing the screening, complete waste of time. Keep in mind I'm not the only person from the Plano,TX division to have this happen to so be warned.

Marketing Segment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

four levels. i) HR screen ii) test you HAVE to past to speak to hiring manager iii) Hiring Manager iv) in person all day interview. on site. Break for lunch with a member of the team with almost 2 hour breaks. The location was in Richmond and paid for travel, etc.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed with five people: And all were behaviorial. Two interviews claimed to be job fit but they were asked in a behavioral fashion.
      - tell me a time : how you influenced ...; tell me a time where you overcome etc; tell me a time when you had to execute a strategy from start to finish. All were tell me a time. After the first tow interviews and the breaks, I lost interest fast. As influential this type of setting may work, it is not conducive for the role and type of job (creative field).
      1 Answer

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Typical behavioral interview process, but done 100% on the phone. Pretty much the normal interview questions you see these days. This was very quick with one screening call to get through to the interview. The whole interview took 45 minutes. The company is still interviewing, so as of right now I do not know whether I got the promotion or not.

Interview Questions

• What was one recent thing that you had to come up with a unique decision on?   1 Answer

LMS Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was first interviewed on the phone by an HR person. She then sent me a link to some online math and verbal assessments. I took the practice test and then the real one. I received a system generated email stating that I scored too low to be considered. I then immediately got a personalized email from the HR rep. I really appreciated that.