Capital One Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,094 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,094 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through university career board and had an on-campus interview one week later. The interviewer is very nice. She introduced herself and began the case, and then let me to ask some questions.It was a simple case interview, about profit maximization of a cloud storage company. She explained nicely how the case questions was because I was very confused. It was a nice experience. I haven't been to the second round interview so ignore the "did you get an offer" part.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college career website. I did not check my school email ahead of time, but if I did it would have told me that the interview was a case interview and not a behavioral interview like I was expecting. Although I did fine since the case interview tested my business reasoning and math skills.

Interview Questions

• In a certain business scenario, they asked how I would increase profits to the proposed startup.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was relatively straightforward. I applied online through my school's career website. I heard back a week later and was told I had been selected for an interview scheduled for the following week.

The interview itself lasted around 30-40 mins. It was a standard case interview. The interviewer presented a case and provided data, asking questions about profitability, break-even price, and market strategy ideas based on the information at hand. Overall, it was a great interview experience and the recruiter I was assigned to was excellent.

Unfortunately, I was unable to answer one of the questions and did not receive a second-round interview.

Interview Questions

• Profitability Analysis, Break-even price, Market Strategy   Answer Question

Fraud Analyst Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter and then hiring manager. Straightforward questions on experience, fit and salary requirements. Interested in motivation and willingness to rebuild a program rather than just fill an existing role.

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

It was a case interview with practical questions along with a typical STAR interview. Some of the interviewers were very nice, some were short and on the rude side. We had to calculate for example if a transaction over the credit limit would be allowable or not or decide whether to roll out a certain campaign. If you are not familiar with the industry it can be tough.

Interview Questions

• Would you allow a transaction over the credit limit. They provided numbers for you to be able to calculate it.   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a phone screen followed by an invitation to an in-person "Power Day" at the Capital One offices.

Power Day consisted of three before-lunch interviews (two case, one behavioral) followed by lunch with a current associate. An additional after-lunch interview could occur of the interviewers want additional information or have not been able to make a final decision (in favor or against) about the candidate. The after-lunch interview could be behavioral, case, or some combination, depending on the unique situation.

The behavioral interview was straightforward and reflected the topics suggested on the Capital One applicant page. The cases were also super straightforward - mine both reflected actual Capital One business issues.

All in all, a very efficient and pleasant process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince someone who disagreed with you to come around to your way of thinking?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

first phone interview - then onsite interview with 3 people for 45 mins each- 2 analytics 1 HR person. Analytics side you need to be calm and not get excited so you can think clearly. HR questions are as expected so prepare your answers and dont give the same example for different questions.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and within 3 weeks, I received a call from the recruiter, who is a contractor, for a pre-screen. I passed and she told me there was a few assessments to take in order to move to 2nd round phone interview w. hiring mgr. During the screening it came to a conclusion the role was a lower salary and had agreed to continue.

The assessment was GMAT style questionnaire. It took more than a week for me to get access to the testing due to some conflict on my profile questions I answered during my application process.

Anyone knows that tests like these require studying prior to. I did not complete the testing as I realized this company nor lower paying role were for me.

This is a sub-prime credit card company and after this initial prescreening process, I'm not interested

Interview Questions

• What was your prior base pay? What type of roles are you applying for?   Answer Question

I opted out to take these unnecessary assessments

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Capital One begins with a phone case study that lasts about 45 minutes. Upon acceptance to moving forward, they fly you out to one of their headquarters (Plano, TX or McLean, Virginia) for one behavioral interview and two more case studies. This process takes about four hours. They were extremely quick with their decision and informed me I received the position before I could board my plane home.

Interview Questions

• Would you recommend that we move forward with the project described here in the case study?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

3 sessions of onsite interview: behavioral and 2 quantitative analysis interviews
    My last interview was officially the worst interview I've had and I've been in the workplace for 8 years.
    The interviewer was very unfriendly and looked like she did not want to be there. She was texting the whole session while I was solving the problem. She was supposed to assess how I worked the problem, and I don't see how she could while texting. Also, the whole process was about filtering people based on hypothetical problem solving and not about finding the right fit. Looking around the office environment, I sensed this process has given birth to a stuffy, awkward people.