Capital One Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Manager Interview Questions

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX).

Interview

Very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Case interview question. Had several. Was given some percentages, sime stats, and some information. Had to walk through solution, create graph and create equation for profit in front of interviewer. Had to do this 3 times.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The interview was set-up by e-mail, but conducted by phone, as the hiring director was located in a different state. There was also a manager present in-person, to help facilitate the communications process, clarify questions, and address any troubleshooting issues.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deliver difficult news to an employee, and what the result was.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

phone screening with HR, complete math/verbal/personality tests, upon passage of tests scheduled phone interview with hiring manager, and finally a super day with 4-5 interviews on site. entire process from initial screening to final interview was approximately 3-4 weeks

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One in September 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, online test, on site interview. The on site interview include case interview, job fit interview, and behavior interview.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Everyone needs to pass a test that is adjusted to the level of position you are applying for and leads to face-to-face interviews.
    2 behavioral interviews, one case study and interviews by hiring manager and the group who's hiring. The hiring manager/group has the final word, even if you don't do so great on the behavioral and case interviews.

Interview Questions

• The case: profitability of credit cards. Not hard itself but stressful.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in April 2012.

Interview

My initial interview was with an HR recruiter - a basic telephone screening. Based on that, she set up a telephone interview with the hiring manager. Once that hurdle was cleared, I took the mandatory Capital One assessment tests - SHL type Verbal and Numerical Reasoning and a Personality test. They were much harder than I expected but thankfully I passed. The next step is an onsite interview at the campus in Richmond - I'll post an update once that takes place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

Case interview was very industry specific and they relied heavily on case interview performance in determing whether to give offer. Of the three people I interviewed with, one was nice, one was aloof and one was a jerk.

Interview Questions

• Case interview about economics of credit card collections.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Very long and completely disorganized. HR had no idea what they were doing and got the band levels incorrect and kept switching between manager and senior manager after I had already applied. Typical to HR departments these days, the HR people tried to low ball me offer-wise and to get me to accept a lower title than I was offered at the competition and so underhired but paid enough not to mind that much.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions about work history plus some creative questions like how would you make a salt shaker if you had to make it 10 different ways?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate pay but not title.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Two over-the-phone interviews because the opportunity was in another state and it was an internal role. Spoke briefly with the recruiter first to set up the interviews with the hiring manager and colleague. Good experience with the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Regarding how to overcome an obstacle (effective problem solving).   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Initial phone call with recruiter followed by online assessment and then phone interview with hiring manager. Next step was "power day" of interviews on site. I am currently employed in another city, and the recruiter was difficult to work with to schedule the appointment. She told me it would likely be one of two dates and to save the dates but I never heard from her. Then it was supposed to be the following week but again... nothing. All the while, I was trying to keep my schedule free at my current job, which was not easy. She finally called me and apologized for the delays and said they wanted to bring me in less than 48 hours later, which I could not do due to the logistics of getting to their office as well as my existing work obligations. (she did not offer to help with travel arrangements) Apparently they wanted to bring all candidates in on the same day. While everyone I spoke with was friendly, I wish they could've been more flexible with scheduling the interview.

Interview Questions

• not a specific question but: short notice for interviews   Answer Question