Capital One Interview Questions in McLean, VA | Glassdoor

3.1

226 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

There was a behavioral interview, a case interview, and a technical interview. They also had a current TDP give gave a tour of the campus and provided lunch, which allowed for us to ask them questions about everything. Nothing was too crazy, but definitely know data structures.

Interview Questions

• Add two numbers represented as linked lists of the digits   1 Answer
    • Balance parenthesis and brackets   Answer Question

Risk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Spoke with the recruiter by phone, then the hiring manager, then was brought into the McLean office where I had phone/in-person interviews with 4 members of the team. Everything went well in the interviews and I was specifically told by my onsite contact to follow up with my recruiter. This sound great and all, until your recruiter falls off the face of the earth and doesn't response to multiple emails, calls, etc.

Capital One HR should be ashamed of itself. I was never given a decision for months, and only after I pestered the general email address did I finally hear back from my recruiter. (This was also after the issue was escalated to my recruiters manager. He told them he called me and left me a message, which he never did)

Takeaways: Capital One does not hire on based on work ethic, potential, etc. Either you've done the job and it's on your resume or they won't give you a chance. This is a safe way to recruit i guess, and in some ways it makes sense, but they're not going to find real talent with this approach.

Their HR department should be ashamed of its tactics. Follow up with your candidates if you give them a final interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where something didn't go as planned and you had to fix it   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

6 rounds of one-on-one interviews: 2 business case, 2 job fit, 1 behavioral, 1 role play. Case, behavioral, and role play are predictable as long as you do your homework and read through other reviews. Job fit is highly flexible--the managers may ask anything relevant to your resume and your background. I failed on job fit. Be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Job fit is highly flexible--the managers may ask anything relevant to your resume and your background. I failed on job fit. Be prepared.   Answer Question

Diretor-Commercial Credit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

Initial Phone screen by Headhunter. Passed on to Interview at Corporate Headquarters (5 Interviews). Two follow-up phone interviews with Sr. Leadership and had to submit a Credit write-up to be reviewed for content knowledge.

Interview Questions

• what were my experiences with a "Start-Up" business and what areas would I focus on?   1 Answer

Campus Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted 2 weeks later by a Recruiter for a phone interview. I then had to take an online assessment that does not accurately capture your skills needed for the position. This is a pass or fail assessment. I passed, then had a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. A week later I had an in-person interview with the Hiring Manager, and 3 other Managers on the team. The Recruiter was very pleasant to work with, and extremely diligent in touching base throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult time working with stakeholders. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen with HR then 30 min Skype Case Interview then Power Day with 3 interviews- one product and 2 case all with integrated behavioral questions, all interviewers are willing to help if you're prepared otherwise you risk losing their interest, showing excitement is also important as it is a culture-heavy experience and company

Interview Questions

• Name 10 ways to improve a salt and pepper shaker   1 Answer

Credit Delivery Principal Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I went through two rounds of interviews - an initial phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a first-round phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview with recruiter was essentially an overview of my resume - discussion about my past experience and why I left past employers. Nothing too challenging here.

Interview with hiring manager was more in-depth. Covered my past experience with the hiring manager as well, but there were also a few behavioral interview questions. There was no case study during this interview.

Since a few months have passed since the phone interview with the hiring manager and I haven't heard anything from Capital One, I'm left to assume that I'm not moving forward in the hiring process. Some sort of interview status update (even if it's just an automated email saying they're not interested) would have been nice.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Went to an on-campus interview with one easy case and behavioral questions. Also attended a power day at the employers office in McLean with three rather quantitative and math based cases.

Interview Questions

• How would you raise funds for a charity (market segmenting question)   Answer Question

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Case interview on campus, then flown to DC for final rounds. Took extremely good care of the recruits, arranging pretty much everything throughout the process. Two case interviews and a product interview during final round

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview wasn't difficult. They will send you information on how to prepare for it. If you are talented enough to get recruited for the interview you should be talented enough to pass it.