Capital One Operations Analysis Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager, Operations Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

Process took about two months, some of which was due to delays caused by my current responsibilities. I was an employee referral coming from a different industry. My recruiter was great - responsive, candid, and helpful.

Steps included:
-Phone conversation with recruiter (basic stuff about what you do and why you're interested in the company)
-Phone case interview (quantitative problem solving pertaining to business operations), after which I heard they wanted to invite me down to Richmond for interviews. Time to hear back was about 1.5 business days, via email.
-An interview day with two in-person behavioral interviews ("tell me about a time when..." questions, which matched pretty well with the examples they give out to help you prepare) and three in-person case interviews (two before lunch and one after lunch, though not everyone interviewing was called back for that one). All interviewers were pleasant and professional - I actually had some pretty interesting conversations about the company culture with them once the cases or background questions were done. Lunch included a tour and was very relaxed. After this, it took about 3 business days to get a call letting me know they wanted to move forward.
-Phone call with a hiring manager to learn more about the position, and the next day I had a verbal offer.

Behavioral interviews were nothing unusual - prepare good responses to standard questions and you'll do fine, especially if you've had management experience.

Case interviews shouldn't be that bad if you have a quantitative background. Algebra, weighted averages, graphing, percentages, break-even analyses. GMAT-type word problems, basically. The preparation advice they provided was right on target. No industry knowledge is required, but brushing up on the basics re: revenues and costs for credit cards would be a very good idea. Some basic awareness of how the economy is going is helpful (naturally).

Interview Questions

• Example case interview conversation: "Here's a product - how profitable is this? How do you feel about that? Graph x vs. y - now what does that tell you? What could we do to mitigate that risk?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Package was fair and was in line with what I had discussed with the recruiter during the very first phone call.

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Manager - Operations Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by the recuiter (HR) by email to start the assessments to proceed with their recruitment process. All analyst positions at capital one are required to take these assessments. I had to take 3 types of assessments. 1) Workstyle/personality type 2). Numerical Reasoning 3)Verbal reasoning. They were looking for highly for candidates with very high analytical capabilities, hence it was important to demonstrate this at every stage. It immediately notified me with the results after finishing the tests. The details to their assessments & interviews are on their website which makes it easy for you to understand the kinds of questions & helps you practice well.
    I got a call from the recuiter the next morning to schedule a telephonic interview with the Hiring Manager. The hiring manager interviewed me on my experience, skills & value add to the company. Again, there was continuous emphasis on analytical capabilities.
    My third round was at their facility at Plano. It took about 2 weeks before they flew me down for the interview. The interview process consists of 2 case studies & 2 behavioral interviews, so totally I had to meet 4 people 1:1. All their case studies are quantitative in nature & had to demonstrate analytical capabilities by arriving at a figure based on certain facts & assumptions. I had just 3 behavioral questions & I was expected to spend 15 mins on each question, a total of 45 mins interview. The 3 questions were framed around: 1) Persuasion Skills 2)Adapting to Changes 3)Organization skills/ Multi-tasking/time management.
    Overall, the experience was positive. The trip & the interviews were very well organized HR coordinator & Recruiter, although they goofed up several times on the most basic things like my schedule, title I was applying for, etc. Eg: They got the title mixed up. The recruiter was taking me through the recruitment process for an Operations Analysis Manager but at the final round there was a mix up & HR coordinator sent me an interview request for a Senior Operations Analysis Manager. When I called to clarify the HR assured me that its a Sr. Manager role. After the interview the recruiter told me that it was an Operations Analysis manager position. They completely messed it up.
    They ended up hiring another candidate. When I asked for feedback, the recruiter mentioned that they dont give feedback on interviews. I believe every interview is a learning process & feedback would always help to develop a candidate. I was told that according to their policy, once rejected for an Analyst type position, they dont consider you for similar positions even though they have similar vacancies at multiple locations.
    After few days I get an email from another Recruiter for a similar position & requested me to take the assessments but when I spoke to him after few days he clarified that they cannot move forward since I had already applied for analyst type positions. So that basically proves me that they are not organized, some of their recruitment processes are not in place cus of so many repeated errors.
    Hope this info was useful to you.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions on:
      Persuasion Skills
      Organization Skills/ time management
      Adapting to changes   Answer Question

Operations Analysis Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital One in October 2011.

Interview

Detailed and informative

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to use your leadership skills to solve a big problem   Answer Question
    • Which is the best option for e-mail marketing or using teller given the success rate and costs of both options ?   Answer Question

Manager, Operations Analysis Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in June 2008.

Interview

First there was a analytical aptitude test that was computer based. After passing, I was invited to campus for interviews. There were 3 case studies and one general interview (example question: Tell me about a time you faced adversity?) The cases were quantitative in nature. If they are satisfied, they hire you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a teammate did not hold up his/her end...   Answer Question