Capital One Operations Analyst Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Operations Analyst Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

First had online screenings, one consisting of reading charts and analyzing data, the other of leadership styles and situational decision making. Apparently passed those and was offered an interview on campus. The interview on campus was a case interview, which we were prepped on during a workshop that Capital One gave. The case interview had to do with using an employment verification method to reduce the number of accounts in bad standing (with the appropriate). This went pretty well. A week later I was invited to fly to Richmond for two more case interviews and a behavioral interview. Capital One took care of all travel, and their agency helped get out in time when my flight was canceled. I was picked up by a town car at the airport and put up in a nice Hilton. The next day, a group of about a dozen candidates (most were full-time candidates) were bused from the hotel to the campus, which was very nice. The culture was young and innovative, and the employees seemed happy. The two case interviews I felt went extremely well. They were about scenarios in the credit card industry, involving settlement of debts and something else I can't recall. As always, they involved break even analysis and simple algebra. The behavioral interview was pretty standard. Three questions about events in past experiences. All three interviews were about an hour in length. After the interviews, we were given a tour of the facilities and bused to the airport. Frankly, I was very surprised when I wasn't offered the position. I thought the case interviews (which one employee claimed held much greater significance) went superbly, and the behavioral interview was fine. Apparently I just wasn't a good fit for Capital One at the time.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to resolve conflict among a team.   Answer Question