Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 66 of over 5,892.0 interviews

Recruiter4%
3.8
HardAverageEasy

Capital One

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One in Mar 2016

Interview

I got a case interview via phone for 30 minutes, lots of data and concepts. It was pretty hard for me ,especially international students like me to grasp the very idea whether it is 15 or 50, and also through the process, i made some basically math mistakes,so that is why i think i will fail......I would prefer one-on-one case interview

Interview Questions
  • Deciding the strategy whether to enter a specific market.
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Capital One

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One in Mar 2015

Interview

The interview was straight forward. 2 cases 2 behavioral. Back to back interviews with a 15 min break. Any mathematical calculation error on cases will through you out of the game. Nice people. In my second case interview, the interviewer came 8 minutes late but left on time! Could not get enough time to reach the recommendation of the case.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Capital One

Join the conversation on

Finance

47.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Capital One~3736
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA)

Interview

Met at on-campus career fair and submitted resume. Resume was sufficient to earn a first-round interview on my university's campus. Passed that and was invited to an interview at their Richmond, Virginia location. They paid for my flight there and back and my meals. The interview day at Richmond consisted of 3 interviews - 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral. The behavioral was just like any other job interview. The case interviews consisted of math problems involving various topics from credit card rates to life insurance. The interviewer is there to help you through the problem with any questions, but it is important to keep your work organized and not get stuck in one area.

Interview Questions
  • Case question about call times. Constantly translating numbers into minutes or hours was a little confusing, but not too bad.
4 people found this interview helpful

Capital One

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

Behavioral interview and case

Interview Questions
  • Math case. During the case, KEEP YOUR NOTES ORGANIZED. if you have to go back to a previous calculation, it must be easy to find partial answers.
7 people found this interview helpful

Capital One

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and was given an on campus interview. It was a case interview that involved credit card rates and whether to offer a special credit card for my school's alumni.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Capital One

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

on campus, business case study questions about three questions. They were not that hard but were pretty confusing. The interviewer wanted you to explain your thought process while you attempting to answer the question which was pretty difficult to do. After the case study questions the interviewer answered the questions I had and said that he would get back to me. I knew I didnt do very well in the interview but they never got back to me which later I learned that it's a common thing to do. Oh well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (College Park, MD) in Feb 2014

Interview

This was a case interview. I was given a business type scenario where I was told about two types of customers and had to use business intuition to figure out which customer was more profitable, risky etc. I then had to answer two quantitative questions. After that, I was given the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions
  • Figuring out what total a cost percentage needed to be applied to.

Capital One

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

Started with an on campus inteview-one case interview lasting 30 minutes. Next step was on-site interview which consisted of 3 case interviews and 1 behavorial interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in Nov 2013

Interview

First interview was phone style. Call centers in US and phillipines. US 400 agents, capacity 600, $30/hr, 15call/hr. Phillipines 200 agents, Capacity 600, $15/hr, 10 calls/hr. Calculate total cost. Next question maximize the US capacity if next year we would get 10M more calls.

Interview Questions
  • I was being hurried in the whole interview IMHO
9 people found this interview helpful

Capital One

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

Two case questions and one behavioral. After lunch they asked some of us to stay for a third round. I got another case question. Behavioral was very easy. Case questions start with easy math problems then get harder, and my interviewer seemed to get bored. Definitely talk out loud and know your math because it is more math based, and they did not ask me as much conceptual questions.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time you foresaw a problem and took preventative measures?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Interviews