Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions

3.8

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Had to complete online process first, involving math and technical questions. After that, was invited for an on campus case interview. The question was not too challenging but they are just trying to figure out how you think. Made it to the next round and they flew me out to South Carolina. Went through a power day of three case interviews and a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question asked was a case that involved many different credit card rates. Each new part of the problem introduced changed all of the previous steps so it was difficult to keep track of.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and was brought in for an on-campus case interview. This was followed by 2 online assessments - one behavioral and one quantitative. After these, I was invited for an on-site interview with some other OA candidates. We had 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral interview before lunch, and then a small handful of people, including myself, were kept after lunch for an additional case. I found out within a week that had received an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was super nervous for the case interviews, but unexpectedly, the behavioral interview threw me off more than the cases.

Name a time when you had to convince someone to do something that they did not want to do. (something along those lines)   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in October 2011.

Interview

First need to take a test of both math and reasoning much like the SAT then if you pass that a very difficult case interview follows.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

The process took around 3 weeks. A HR contacted me and asked questions for general information. Then, she sent a couple of emails, which include instructions and the link of online test. As described by others, the online test has two parts, numeric test and verbal test. The numeric test is pretty difficulty mainly because of the ticking clock at the top of screen. The verbal test is much easier. Overall, the test is like GRE/GMAT.
    On the same day, the HR sent another email and notified me that I passed the test.

The onsite interview was scheduled after two weeks. The arrangement was very professional. There was cab service picking at the airport, hotel and office campus.

There were four section in the interview, two for behavior questions and two for case study. The behavior questions were quite dummy. The case interview was difficult. Basic knowledge about finance is required to understand the questions.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when the project objectives are changed during a project?   Answer Question
    • tell me a time when you have to handle multiple tasks?   Answer Question

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

Started with a personality test. Once you pass that you move on to a congitive reasoning math and verbal exam online. Once passing that you get setup for a power day onsite. This consisted of a partial math reasoning exam, 2 case studies and 2 bahvioral interviews. The day is grueling and they take pride in their process. It seems that the process hinges on the case studies and I would recommend practicing as much as possible on algebra concepts as well as any case studies you can. It is a great experience but not one to take lightly.

Interview Questions

• Case study involving a decision about marketing costs for credit cards   Answer Question
    • case study involving call centers - this one was very difficult   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was made with minimal negotiation necessary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

There were several components to the interview process, but the hardest of which was the case study.

Once presented with a real world problem, I was asked to solve it with pen paper and use of a calculator.

The scenario is about reducing credit limits on their credit cards to limit exposure to risk (default on max credit amounts).

Interview Questions

• Rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10 how weird you are.   15 Answers

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One in March 2016.

Interview

I got a case interview via phone for 30 minutes, lots of data and concepts. It was pretty hard for me ,especially international students like me to grasp the very idea whether it is 15 or 50, and also through the process, i made some basically math mistakes,so that is why i think i will fail......I would prefer one-on-one case interview

Interview Questions

• Deciding the strategy whether to enter a specific market.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

There are multiple rounds of interviews, with four total. One behavioral and three technical, where you are presented a business problem and have to solve it within 45 minutes. when you reach a conclusion the interviewer is looking for, they provide you with the next piece of information required to progress.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you or your team made an error at work and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was straight forward. 2 cases 2 behavioral. Back to back interviews with a 15 min break. Any mathematical calculation error on cases will through you out of the game. Nice people. In my second case interview, the interviewer came 8 minutes late but left on time! Could not get enough time to reach the recommendation of the case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Fairfax, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

On campus Interview. Before interview, did some information session that explains how case interview is going to be held. First, just a background interviews easy questions at first. Then did quantitative case interview, Need lots of practices and know some equations such as calculating interest.