Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions

3.8

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One in March 2016.

Interview

I got a case interview via phone for 30 minutes, lots of data and concepts. It was pretty hard for me ,especially international students like me to grasp the very idea whether it is 15 or 50, and also through the process, i made some basically math mistakes,so that is why i think i will fail......I would prefer one-on-one case interview

Interview Questions

• Deciding the strategy whether to enter a specific market.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

There are multiple rounds of interviews, with four total. One behavioral and three technical, where you are presented a business problem and have to solve it within 45 minutes. when you reach a conclusion the interviewer is looking for, they provide you with the next piece of information required to progress.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you or your team made an error at work and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

Had to go through an online evaluation. Recruiter than arranged for a in person interview in Richmond. It was a day long interview process that included 5 interviews with 3 cases and 2 personal interviews. Got called back in for 2 job fit interviews before getting an offer in hand

Interview Questions

• Case interviews that were business cases from the card business   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was straight forward. 2 cases 2 behavioral. Back to back interviews with a 15 min break. Any mathematical calculation error on cases will through you out of the game. Nice people. In my second case interview, the interviewer came 8 minutes late but left on time! Could not get enough time to reach the recommendation of the case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Fairfax, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

On campus Interview. Before interview, did some information session that explains how case interview is going to be held. First, just a background interviews easy questions at first. Then did quantitative case interview, Need lots of practices and know some equations such as calculating interest.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital One in July 2012.

Interview

Very smart and well-researched process:
    Submit resume through an Analyst Development Program online.
    Phone screening interview.
    and/or School campus interview if you're a junior/senior at a college they hire from.
    Corporate Campus interview.
    Hiring decision (about 90% reduction at each step)

The phone screening is mostly a goodness of fit for the roles you could be considered for. They suggested I should be a Data Analyst given my background in engineering (but really because they don't have enough DAs) but I prefered Operations, so I interviewed for that (probably should have gone with DA given my personality)

School and Corporate campus interviews are the same, consisting of a mix of Case and Behavioral interview sections. They should still give an example case and some example behavioral questions because they want to test how you think, not how familiar you are with interview techniques. But in case they don't, just have a few good "tell me about a time when..." stories that you can apply for different questions. For Case interviews, write equations down and edit them as the follow-up questions get more complex. "Are you sure?" isn't always a hint that you're missing something. Each section is done by a different interviewer and scored so that individual rapport bias will be less important. Also, no one wears coats or ties at Capital One except for interviewees. I skipped the tie and was fine.

I believe they got rid of this, but there used to be an online screening test for reading comprehension and business math. The reading comprehension would try to trip you up because you could only use knowledge from the presented material, so even if you know the speed of sound is slower than the speed of light, the correct answer is "I don't know" if you couldn't find it in the reading. The business math was algebra-level and some statistics with some business knowledge. Plenty of practice questions available.

I daresay the whole process was fun.

Interview Questions

• I can't divulge a specific question. But I found my limited experiences made the behavioral interview difficult, but clearly not deal-breaking. I only had about 4 stories, and I needed 3. Have more so that you can fit them better to the question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since they were hiring 200 people at a time, it was very systematized. No negotiation unless you had a better offer somewhere else. Then they would automatically match it up to 5k more.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Met at on-campus career fair and submitted resume. Resume was sufficient to earn a first-round interview on my university's campus. Passed that and was invited to an interview at their Richmond, Virginia location. They paid for my flight there and back and my meals. The interview day at Richmond consisted of 3 interviews - 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral. The behavioral was just like any other job interview. The case interviews consisted of math problems involving various topics from credit card rates to life insurance. The interviewer is there to help you through the problem with any questions, but it is important to keep your work organized and not get stuck in one area.

Interview Questions

• Case question about call times. Constantly translating numbers into minutes or hours was a little confusing, but not too bad.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through the careers services at the university. Was contacted by a recruiter to tell me to set up an on campus interview. Passed the on campus interview and was asked to travel to Richmond for the next round of interviews called a "Power Day". Was put up in a hotel and taken care of, had 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral interview. Managed to not pass those and that was the end of my interview process. Turn around time was 72 hours after interviewing for their decision.

Interview Questions

• They asked case interview questions and asked us not to talk about the details of the cases.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Behavioral interview and case

Interview Questions

• Math case. During the case, KEEP YOUR NOTES ORGANIZED. if you have to go back to a previous calculation, it must be easy to find partial answers.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and was given an on campus interview. It was a case interview that involved credit card rates and whether to offer a special credit card for my school's alumni.