Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions

3.8

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Consists of one phone case interview, three on-site case interviews and behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• When the quantitative case interviews become qualitative.   Answer Question

Pursued other opportunities

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

on campus, business case study questions about three questions. They were not that hard but were pretty confusing. The interviewer wanted you to explain your thought process while you attempting to answer the question which was pretty difficult to do. After the case study questions the interviewer answered the questions I had and said that he would get back to me. I knew I didnt do very well in the interview but they never got back to me which later I learned that it's a common thing to do. Oh well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (College Park, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

This was a case interview. I was given a business type scenario where I was told about two types of customers and had to use business intuition to figure out which customer was more profitable, risky etc. I then had to answer two quantitative questions. After that, I was given the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Figuring out what total a cost percentage needed to be applied to.   Answer Question

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

4 scheduled interview.

Interview Questions

• Some operations Q that did not make sense. I asked for clarification but the interviewer just said that's all. I asked other interviewers and they didn't have any idea what he was talking about either. Bad communication.   Answer Question

OAs and BAs that gave us orientation were immature. The whole company felt like a frat house.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in October 2012.

Interview

The recruiter that I dealt with was very responsive and quick to respond on questions and concerns. The process that I went through was a 1:1 interview on campus that involved both a behavioral portion and a small case, though the case was more like a series of mathematical word problems than a typical case interview. For the second round, they put us up in a hotel by their headquarters and put us through a blitz day, consisting of tours, 2 additional case interviews and another behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Case question involving credit card risk. Algebra intensive, we were given math problems and asked to solve them   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

First interview was phone style. Call centers in US and phillipines. US 400 agents, capacity 600, $30/hr, 15call/hr. Phillipines 200 agents, Capacity 600, $15/hr, 10 calls/hr. Calculate total cost. Next question maximize the US capacity if next year we would get 10M more calls.

Interview Questions

• I was being hurried in the whole interview IMHO   2 Answers

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Started with an on campus inteview-one case interview lasting 30 minutes. Next step was on-site interview which consisted of 3 case interviews and 1 behavorial interview

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Two case questions and one behavioral. After lunch they asked some of us to stay for a third round. I got another case question. Behavioral was very easy. Case questions start with easy math problems then get harder, and my interviewer seemed to get bored. Definitely talk out loud and know your math because it is more math based, and they did not ask me as much conceptual questions.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you foresaw a problem and took preventative measures?   1 Answer

Operation Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview is a case interview. The question is mainly about ATM location choosing. The recruiter will provide cost structures. Cost structure is about fees charged per transaction and transmission fees for off premise. For on premise there will be no variable cost. Fixed cost include rent and depreciation

Interview Questions

• U have to ask towards the question.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The hiring process started with a 30-minute, 30-question quantitative skills test. Should you get acceptable scores here, up next are a couple rounds of case interviews, designed to test your reasoning abilities. Nothing too exceptional here, and I was able to work through the cases extremely quickly. There was also a round of classic behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember, though one of the cases had to do with pizza delivery truck routing.   1 Answer