Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions

3.8

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I saw the posting on my University's Career site, I then sent a follow up email to the recruiter. She then let me know in that she wanted to have a phone case style interview. (about a week)

I had the phone case style interview. The interviewer was very nice and reassuring over the phone. He asked me about paperless banking. First he asked how we would get more customers to join paperless billing. We then talked about incentives. If we send out 100,000 emails. two plans 1. 50,000 20% response rate and $4 credit and 2. 50,000 30% $10 credit.
we save lifetime $12 on people the switch how much do we make.
I was then asked to calculate the break even response rate for the $10 credit email.

Interview Questions

• They sent me a rejection email but I never got it. I followed up with the recruiter and she was like. Oh I sent you a rejection email. You never go it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The first interview was a case interview. The manager interviewing me had a background in engineering so I feel like we approached the problem in completely different ways. He seemed to me like a huge bully and was very short with me if I proposed a solution he didn't like. Creativity was not what he was looking for at all. The way he presented the problem and phrased questions was completely confusing to me. When I was asking further questions about the position his answers made me feel like he didn't want me there and was trying to discourage me from continuing in the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you reach out to potential customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied on-line and applied for an interview through my school's on-campus interviewing program. Took some online assessments and then was accepted for a 1:1 case style interview on campus. Heard back a week or so later that I was invited to the "powerday" in Richmond.

Three 1:1 interviews in Richmond. Two case style and one behavioral. After lunch, I was asked to stay for another interview. Heard back a few days later about a full time offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to learn a new skill or material to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

Step 1. Phone interview with recruiter
    Step 2. Online personality test and aptitude test
    Step 3. Five interviews back to back. 2 were behavioral and 3 case interviews.

*Everyone was super duper nice.
    *The whole HR and recruiting team was very helpful from the beginning. Told me how should I prepare and what should I expect on the interview day
    * Case interviewers were very helpful BUT had a few communication issues as English is not my first language and wasn't my interviewers first language yet I managed to solve it/
    * Behavioral interviews are very stream lined. You are asked 3 questions about your past experience and you have 40 minutes to answer them + Ask questions of your own.

I worked very hard for 2 months for this interview (in all).
    - Practice as many tests as you can before online assessment
    - Go over your resume and prepare stories for each job position
    - Practice as many cases as you can with friends and family

Interview Questions

• I think I was very well prepared.   3 Answers

Negotiation

It was a reasonable offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Capital One booked a train down to Richmond, VA for the interview. Went on a tour of the campus, met with other employees who explained different career paths. The first day consisted of a mostly casual meet and greet. Second day featured three case interviews and two behavioral interviews. The behavioral interviews were standard, questions about leadership, working as a team, etc. Case interviews were fun and challenging, be sure to practice different business scenarios based on efficiency and cost effectiveness.

Interview Questions

• One of the case interview questions revolved around improving the business model of a ferry crossing a river in regards to changing traffic and cost scenarios. They were looking for strategic thinking to find ways to make the ferry business more efficient.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One in April 2012.

Interview

one behavioral, two case interviews. they interview tons of students from across the nation so try to be prepared as possible for the case interviews.

the company culture seems extremely relaxed. talking to the employees (at least the younger ones), they seem to talk a lot about how little work they do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Initially took a test online which was fairly easy. Then had an interview on campus which consisted of one case interview. Flew out to Richmond, VA for two days had dinner with current employees and then had three interviews (one behavioral and two case).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

On the cases it is definitely worth your time to take your time. Think things through because I eventually got the right answers but only after prodding from the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something you were working on didn't go according to plan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied to Capital One through my school. Was asked to take a reading/math assessment. The Assessment was challenging but not impossible. The time goes buy very quickly while youre trying to interpret the questions. Was invited to a case interview that while was not extremely difficult, made you think and was intimidating at times due to the information given to you. Could have done better but it was my first one and it did not go as smoothly as i would have hoped.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received notification via email to take an online assessment test. The test consists of questions for analytics, ethical and rational practices. After completion of that step I received a phone call that I would interview on campus. The interview was 1:1 and consisted of a case to work through numerically and ask what I would do in the end. My interviewer said I answered the case correctly and that he would be glad to see me at Capital One. Three days later I received a rejection email.