Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions

3.8

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

Step 1. Phone interview with recruiter
Step 2. Online personality test and aptitude test
Step 3. Five interviews back to back. 2 were behavioral and 3 case interviews.

*Everyone was super duper nice.
*The whole HR and recruiting team was very helpful from the beginning. Told me how should I prepare and what should I expect on the interview day
* Case interviewers were very helpful BUT had a few communication issues as English is not my first language and wasn't my interviewers first language yet I managed to solve it/
* Behavioral interviews are very stream lined. You are asked 3 questions about your past experience and you have 40 minutes to answer them + Ask questions of your own.

I worked very hard for 2 months for this interview (in all).
- Practice as many tests as you can before online assessment
- Go over your resume and prepare stories for each job position
- Practice as many cases as you can with friends and family

Interview Questions

• I think I was very well prepared.   3 Answers

Negotiation

It was a reasonable offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and was brought in for an on-campus case interview. This was followed by 2 online assessments - one behavioral and one quantitative. After these, I was invited for an on-site interview with some other OA candidates. We had 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral interview before lunch, and then a small handful of people, including myself, were kept after lunch for an additional case. I found out within a week that had received an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was super nervous for the case interviews, but unexpectedly, the behavioral interview threw me off more than the cases.

Name a time when you had to convince someone to do something that they did not want to do. (something along those lines)
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

On the cases it is definitely worth your time to take your time. Think things through because I eventually got the right answers but only after prodding from the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something you were working on didn't go according to plan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

There are multiple rounds of interviews, with four total. One behavioral and three technical, where you are presented a business problem and have to solve it within 45 minutes. when you reach a conclusion the interviewer is looking for, they provide you with the next piece of information required to progress.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you or your team made an error at work and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

one behavioral, two case interviews. a lot of number crunching in one case interview and more traditional consulting questions in another case interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you learned something new in a project   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied to Capital One through my school. Was asked to take a reading/math assessment. The Assessment was challenging but not impossible. The time goes buy very quickly while youre trying to interpret the questions. Was invited to a case interview that while was not extremely difficult, made you think and was intimidating at times due to the information given to you. Could have done better but it was my first one and it did not go as smoothly as i would have hoped.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

To start i will say that i am an engineering major, i've heard engineers have an easier time with the case studies due to the fact that we are good with math and problem solving.

After the company reviewed my resume, through my University, i was invited to take an online assessment. The online part was very easy, basic algebra and graphs, SAT type math. Afterwards, was given a 1on1 interview at my particular University. The first 1on1 is a case study, the case study was involving credit card type problems, and involves statistics and algebra, as well as basic knowledge of what might make a company more money (eg. increase profit, decrease costs).

After this, i was invited to Richmond for a number of interviews. Of the 12-15 people there i believe only around 3-5 of us got an offer. 2 case interviews and a behavioral interview in the morning. The cases were decently challenging, but they aren't expecting a perfect score, just that you show good insight, and great problem solving skills. A nice tour of the campus and free lunch, then they invited 3-4 of us back for a interview in the afternoon.

The afternoon interview was with a VP of the company, it showed how much the company cared that they sent someone that high up to interview us, just to make sure we really would help the company. The last interview is again a case interview, and was around the same difficulty as all the others.

I was told in an extremely short amount of time that i had passed and was extended an offer to join the company.

Interview Questions

• Break-even point between revolvers and transactors (involving credit cards).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Keep looking and you can find general salary information online. Don't be nervous, just do what you can do and keep going if you make a mistake. Ask the interviewer questions to clarify! If you work with the interviewer, they want you to succeed , and if you are doing well they don't want to trick you, so just talk to them if you have trouble on one part of the case study.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

First, there was an initial application through the company website. Then I was prompted via email to answer an online aptitude test. After I passed the aptitude test, I had a phone interview and was then asked to go for an onsite interview. Capital One paid for and arranged all travel and lodging costs. The first night was a dinner reception with a few current employees and other candidates. The following day consisted of 2 case interviews and one behavioral interview.

Application

Interview

I heard about the internship position at my school--I went to the info session. I submitted my resume and was asked to complete the assessments online. After passing the assessments, I had a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty relaxed--she just wanted to get to know me and my background, etc. I then was scheduled for a fly out. The flyout was scheduled for 2 weeks after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received notification via email to take an online assessment test. The test consists of questions for analytics, ethical and rational practices. After completion of that step I received a phone call that I would interview on campus. The interview was 1:1 and consisted of a case to work through numerically and ask what I would do in the end. My interviewer said I answered the case correctly and that he would be glad to see me at Capital One. Three days later I received a rejection email.