Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Applied online and was offered an online test- they got back to me quickly for final round interviews on site. Everything was well run but the employees do not talk about their job in a professional manner

Interview Questions

• Case interviews were mostly just math questions- no qualitative analysis.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and was brought in for an on-campus case interview. This was followed by 2 online assessments - one behavioral and one quantitative. After these, I was invited for an on-site interview with some other OA candidates. We had 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral interview before lunch, and then a small handful of people, including myself, were kept after lunch for an additional case. I found out within a week that had received an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was super nervous for the case interviews, but unexpectedly, the behavioral interview threw me off more than the cases.

Name a time when you had to convince someone to do something that they did not want to do. (something along those lines)
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Contacted to take an online assessment and then flown out to Richmond for a super-day. The interview consisted of 1 behavioral interview and 2 case interviews. The practice case interview is NOTHING like the onsite case interviews.

Interview Questions

• The case interviewers are clearly not trained on communicating the questions clearly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

Step 1. Phone interview with recruiter
    Step 2. Online personality test and aptitude test
    Step 3. Five interviews back to back. 2 were behavioral and 3 case interviews.

*Everyone was super duper nice.
    *The whole HR and recruiting team was very helpful from the beginning. Told me how should I prepare and what should I expect on the interview day
    * Case interviewers were very helpful BUT had a few communication issues as English is not my first language and wasn't my interviewers first language yet I managed to solve it/
    * Behavioral interviews are very stream lined. You are asked 3 questions about your past experience and you have 40 minutes to answer them + Ask questions of your own.

I worked very hard for 2 months for this interview (in all).
    - Practice as many tests as you can before online assessment
    - Go over your resume and prepare stories for each job position
    - Practice as many cases as you can with friends and family

Interview Questions

• I think I was very well prepared.   3 Answers

Negotiation

It was a reasonable offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Capital One booked a train down to Richmond, VA for the interview. Went on a tour of the campus, met with other employees who explained different career paths. The first day consisted of a mostly casual meet and greet. Second day featured three case interviews and two behavioral interviews. The behavioral interviews were standard, questions about leadership, working as a team, etc. Case interviews were fun and challenging, be sure to practice different business scenarios based on efficiency and cost effectiveness.

Interview Questions

• One of the case interview questions revolved around improving the business model of a ferry crossing a river in regards to changing traffic and cost scenarios. They were looking for strategic thinking to find ways to make the ferry business more efficient.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One in April 2012.

Interview

one behavioral, two case interviews. they interview tons of students from across the nation so try to be prepared as possible for the case interviews.

the company culture seems extremely relaxed. talking to the employees (at least the younger ones), they seem to talk a lot about how little work they do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Initially took a test online which was fairly easy. Then had an interview on campus which consisted of one case interview. Flew out to Richmond, VA for two days had dinner with current employees and then had three interviews (one behavioral and two case).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

On the cases it is definitely worth your time to take your time. Think things through because I eventually got the right answers but only after prodding from the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something you were working on didn't go according to plan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

one behavioral, two case interviews. a lot of number crunching in one case interview and more traditional consulting questions in another case interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you learned something new in a project   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

First, there was an initial application through the company website. Then I was prompted via email to answer an online aptitude test. After I passed the aptitude test, I had a phone interview and was then asked to go for an onsite interview. Capital One paid for and arranged all travel and lodging costs. The first night was a dinner reception with a few current employees and other candidates. The following day consisted of 2 case interviews and one behavioral interview.