Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview process was very comfrotable. I felt likea movie star. I got picked upin a limo and putup at a five star hotel. Everyone was very nice. They did the usual behavioral interview looking for respnses that utilize the STAR response technique and some leadership experience. I aced that part. I messed up on the case interview. The key to an offer is to ace the case analysis. I though it was going to be easy, but they trake you thorough a word case that asks you to jump back and forth between quantitative comoutations and qualitative business ideas. Then at the end, they ask you to use whichever calulations you believe are relevant to solve a semicomplex math rpblem like a breakeven analysis, or to set up simultaneouse equations and solve for the perfect amount of certrain varuiables to maximize someting. The hardest part isfiguring out all this on your own(how to solve the problem) while having a verbal discussion with a manager at the firm. If you pass the case test, your pretty much in, and it is worht it.They start ops analysts at around 60K and 10K signing bonus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work on a team with someone you did not get along with.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2008.

Interview

The interview process is very efficient. I applied through career services at my university and was asked to complete a skills test. The test was taken on campus, but I do believe Capital One does this online now. After passing the test. I was invited to an interview on the university campus. The cases are not hard, but not easy either. Make sure you look at the practice case on Capital One's website before going to the interview. After about three days, Capital One sent the email inviting me to final rounds at their corporate campus in Richmond deemed a powerday. The powerday consisted of 2 case interviews similar to the case taken at school and a behavioral interview. After lunch, they may or may not take you in for another case. It depends on how well you did on the first two cases.

Interview Questions

• You have the choice between using first class or third class mail for a letter you are sending out to potential customers. First class costs $0.50 per piece and reach 100% of potential customers. Third class costs $0.40 per piece and reaches 80% of potential customers. Which do you use?   10 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2007.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. It began on campus with a quantitative exam with questions relating charts/figures with meaning, and was later followed up with a behavioral/small case interview (also on campus), and then ended with a series of 1-on-1 case studies on site. I felt that the process was fair and complete. HR was very friendly and accommodating. They contacted me within a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• There were a number of case studies, all of them relating mathematical equations/charts/solutions with physical meaning. They were fairly straightforward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

First part was an online basic math test, second part was two 1:1 case interviews about business problems. Problems are very specific, mid-level algebra is necessary, and factors will change over the course of the case, and you will have to be able to support your assertions in the face of changing facts (or change your answers).

Interview Questions

• Case interview related to reducing credit card limits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through the careers services at the university. Was contacted by a recruiter to tell me to set up an on campus interview. Passed the on campus interview and was asked to travel to Richmond for the next round of interviews called a "Power Day". Was put up in a hotel and taken care of, had 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral interview. Managed to not pass those and that was the end of my interview process. Turn around time was 72 hours after interviewing for their decision.

Interview Questions

• They asked case interview questions and asked us not to talk about the details of the cases.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Consists of one phone case interview, three on-site case interviews and behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• When the quantitative case interviews become qualitative.   Answer Question

Pursued other opportunities

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (College Park, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

This was a case interview. I was given a business type scenario where I was told about two types of customers and had to use business intuition to figure out which customer was more profitable, risky etc. I then had to answer two quantitative questions. After that, I was given the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Figuring out what total a cost percentage needed to be applied to.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Two case questions and one behavioral. After lunch they asked some of us to stay for a third round. I got another case question. Behavioral was very easy. Case questions start with easy math problems then get harder, and my interviewer seemed to get bored. Definitely talk out loud and know your math because it is more math based, and they did not ask me as much conceptual questions.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you foresaw a problem and took preventative measures?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

There is an online application to be filled out initially, typically found through the university's career services. Next is an on-campus interview. It is one case interview, after which they typically inform you very quickly if you move on to the next round of interviews. The next and final round is an on-site interview that includes two cases and a behavioral interview with the potential for a third case at the end.

Interview Questions

• The case interviews can be tricky, but as long as you pay close attention to your work, they are very doable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX).

Interview

Took online behavioral test and online math-type test. Never had a phone interview. Was invited to an on-site interview. Consisted of 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Calculate break-even interest rate for certain values that were provided   Answer Question