Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions

3.8

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied to Capital One through my school. Was asked to take a reading/math assessment. The Assessment was challenging but not impossible. The time goes buy very quickly while youre trying to interpret the questions. Was invited to a case interview that while was not extremely difficult, made you think and was intimidating at times due to the information given to you. Could have done better but it was my first one and it did not go as smoothly as i would have hoped.

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received notification via email to take an online assessment test. The test consists of questions for analytics, ethical and rational practices. After completion of that step I received a phone call that I would interview on campus. The interview was 1:1 and consisted of a case to work through numerically and ask what I would do in the end. My interviewer said I answered the case correctly and that he would be glad to see me at Capital One. Three days later I received a rejection email.

Application

Interview

I heard about the internship position at my school--I went to the info session. I submitted my resume and was asked to complete the assessments online. After passing the assessments, I had a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty relaxed--she just wanted to get to know me and my background, etc. I then was scheduled for a fly out. The flyout was scheduled for 2 weeks after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

To start i will say that i am an engineering major, i've heard engineers have an easier time with the case studies due to the fact that we are good with math and problem solving.

After the company reviewed my resume, through my University, i was invited to take an online assessment. The online part was very easy, basic algebra and graphs, SAT type math. Afterwards, was given a 1on1 interview at my particular University. The first 1on1 is a case study, the case study was involving credit card type problems, and involves statistics and algebra, as well as basic knowledge of what might make a company more money (eg. increase profit, decrease costs).

After this, i was invited to Richmond for a number of interviews. Of the 12-15 people there i believe only around 3-5 of us got an offer. 2 case interviews and a behavioral interview in the morning. The cases were decently challenging, but they aren't expecting a perfect score, just that you show good insight, and great problem solving skills. A nice tour of the campus and free lunch, then they invited 3-4 of us back for a interview in the afternoon.

The afternoon interview was with a VP of the company, it showed how much the company cared that they sent someone that high up to interview us, just to make sure we really would help the company. The last interview is again a case interview, and was around the same difficulty as all the others.

I was told in an extremely short amount of time that i had passed and was extended an offer to join the company.

Interview Questions

• Break-even point between revolvers and transactors (involving credit cards).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Keep looking and you can find general salary information online. Don't be nervous, just do what you can do and keep going if you make a mistake. Ask the interviewer questions to clarify! If you work with the interviewer, they want you to succeed , and if you are doing well they don't want to trick you, so just talk to them if you have trouble on one part of the case study.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

I found out about the position through my school and was asked to take an online assessment which consisted of personality, verbal, and math/chart reading skills. I then had a case interview later that week which was not too challenging (they asked me to calculate a breakeven for different credit card users). Two weeks later I flew out to Richmond where i had 3 case interviews and one behavioral interview. The cases were challenging and I got stuck on a few parts.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions. (Ex. Tell me about a time where you disagreed with your team)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

The case interview is fairly easy I found. However, if you stumble in any manner at all you will not be invited back for a 2nd interview even if you have completed the case correctly. The real problem is the 2nd interviews. There are 3 more case interviews and a behavioral interview in one day. It is quite grueling and mentally exhausting.

Interview Questions

• What recommendation would you make based on the previous data?   Answer Question

Operation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One in October 2011.

Interview

I submitted my application online through Capital One and was contacted a few days later asking me to take the online skills assessment exam. The exam consisted of questions about your personality, a verbal reasoning, and a quantitative reasoning exam. The verbal reasoning focused on reading comprehension and logic. The mathematical portion only requires basic algebra, but you can only spend on average 45 sec to one min on each problem. Essentially the exams are like the GMAT.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were problems based on interpreting graphs or charts. Usually these types of problems provide too much information and it becomes crucial to be able to find the data needed to solve the problem under a short time limit   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

After passing "mini-GMAT" skills test, was flown out to Plano to interview. Behavioral interview was easy, but case interviews were more difficult. Was a little nervous under pressure and could not come up with all of the equations that they wanted. Was not offered a position.

Seems like a great company to work for. Great hours, relaxed environment (analyst can come to work in jeans!). Also seems like a professional environment with good training and development.

Interview Questions

• Find break-even point given certain business situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

2 Behavioral and 2 Case Interview. 1 post lunch Case Interview (total 3 Cases). All 3 cases were based on credit card business (defaults, recovery, comparing cards). Pretty straightforward cases and the interviewers were very helpful.

Make sure to go over all the cases listed on Glassdoor - you will probably get some variation of the already listed cases

I was told I passed the interview process the next day and after talking to my prospective manager, was extended an offer within a week

Interview Questions

• Credit Card business (defaults, recovery incentives, customer segmentation, comparing cards and offers)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, they are willing to negotiate (location, base salary, benefits, bonuses, title/function).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was a case study, very reasonable and down to earth. The entire staff, interviewer and recruiters were very nice

Interview Questions

• no behavioral questions, just case study   4 Answers

i had received another offer closer to where i lived