Capital One Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

3.1

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The interview process was somewhat longer and more in depth that I was used to. First telephone interview was with the recruiter followed up by the hiring manager. After that, had to go through a cultural test and then an aptitude test. Once all those were satisfactorily completed, I was brought onsite for face to face interviews with the hiring manager, his boss and a peer. The hiring manager conducted a job-fit interview while the other two conducted behavioral interviews. The behavioral interviews where the "Tell me about a time when you...." and required that I answer in the STAR format.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was 30 minutes. We jumped right into the case. The case was shorter than I expected and the interviewer was very friendly. He helped when I needed it.

Interview Questions

• It was a case interview, similar to the online practice.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I did a first round behavioral interview on my school campus and then I was invited to richmond for my second round interview. Second round interviews took place in the main office in Richmond. They conducted a behavioral interview, a case interview, and a job fit interview. Behavioral and job fit interviews were straight forward. The case interview was more tricky than I expected. The interviewers were all very friendly and it was not an intimidating process.

Interview Questions

• For the case interview they talked about wanting to get their credit card customers to use their mortgage services. They wanted to develop an app that customers could use to utilize the mortgage services. They asked what factors to consider when developing an app. They asked me to calculate total costs total revenue and then conduct a cost benefit analysis.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Wasn't too difficult - met with multiple people and ended up answering the same type of questions. Ended up being roughly 4 hours of interview time. Was able to get a good feel for what the position was going to be like and who I was going to be working with.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Had two interviews over the phone. One with recruiter and other case. Went for final round, which had 3 in person interviews-two case and one behavioral. The interviews were with Vice Presidents. The cases were basic. It is helpful to know the basic frameworks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call from them to set up a time to meet one of their representatives. Interviewer was very chill, but he asked a lot of behavioral questions and thoroughly went through my resume. The process up to here didn't take too long. I'm guessing they call you to set up on site interview if you pass the first on-campus interview, but I didn't make it to the next round. Prepare behavioral questions and ask questions regarding the position and i think you will do well.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

Full day of interviews with various team members. Both those who will be working with this role and those on the same team. Very long and arduous process. Felt a little overboard but it wasn't HARD. Just a long day.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Interviews were case based. Situations that asked what would you do if... and why. It was very straight forward if you understand basic critical thinking and case skills. They prepare you with example cases and other tools so just follow the process and it will all work out.

Interview Questions

• THey asked breakeven analysis questions and wanted to see that you could recognize missing pieces   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I just got to the first screening. The interviewer was rude and very pretentious. I left without getting her card because it completely turned me off to the company. That's all I have to say. Though I have heard positive things about the companies facilities and I do believe/hope this interviewer was not representative of the culture.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capital One in January 2015.

Interview

I was contracted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview with her the following week. The recruiter was very friendly, she asked about my experience, and told me about the company. I was then asked to complete assessments via the online portal. Once that was complete, I has a second phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe the types of projects you have worked on in the past.   Answer Question