Capital One Relationship Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Relationship Banker Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Capital One (Newark, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

On average good. Took time to get back, but over all good. Would recommend to be prepped for the interview. Manger and Associate was very professional and curtious, good enviroment.

Interview Questions

• Try to sell me a Credit card?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

i applied for RB position and got their reply after 1 month. After that it was smooth and the hiring manager was very cooperative. I had to go through Phone interview, after that group interview two times. now they change it to video interview instead of phone.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Recieved call for phone interview. Then I was set up to interview with branch manager at hiring branches. I interviewed with like 3 different branches and managers through a 2 week time frame. Then was selected by one. Then recruiter reached out and stated a Branch manager would like to offer me a position but first I would have to meet with the District manager. Interviewed with district manager on a get to know basis. After that next day was officially offered and given salary offer, Went to training for 2 weeks and that was it.

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Phone interview, then face to face with branch manager and district manager. It was focused on taking care of the customer, how I did it in previous positions. Very pleasant interview process, they gave a good explanation of company expectations

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exceeded a customers expectations   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

A few days after applying online got an email from Capital One that I was selected to take a one-way video interview. After about 3 weeks I still haven’t received any information on how the interview went.

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The video interview went well. They asked questions that you see everyday, however, I haven't heard from them in 2wks since the 1st interview, but they have sent me the survey..After I have told them that I have not rcvd a 2nd interview; they contacted me the second day; I'm not sure if they did that just to cover themselves, but once that has completed I have sent them a thank you note, and still haven't even rcvd an acknowledgment!! Hmm that tells you something? What kind of company is this?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? What are yours long term goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

The bank manager was very calm and the branch was quiet. He asked me about my prior experience and why I wanted to work there. The location was over an hour closer to my home so that worked out for me. It was a quality of life issue and I with my banking background I had no problem getting the job.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember all of the questions but the vibe was that since I was already going this position in another bank they wanted to hire me. Most bank managers want to know that you will be coming with sales knowledge and will be able to meet quotas.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted the online application and within a few weeks, received an email to complete the one-way interview. Completed and submitted the interview and waited a few more weeks with no reply. Did not find our that I would not be considered until logging into the careers site. I think that it would benefit the HR Department to improve their processes of keeping people abreast of their status.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

One HR rep for many candidates. Managers are pulled from busy branches once a month to interview candidates. Any manager can interview you and you will be placed into a branch based on need. You might not meet your manager until the day you begin. You will be interviewed by two managers and sometimes the regional.

Interview Questions

• They are scripted, although many go off script. First part is an introduction where they talk about themselves.
      Name something that you did in your previous job that changed someones life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Baltimore, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

Had two interviews; one with a branch manager and then directly after I met with a district manager. I interviewed outside of the district I would be working in and the questions were pretty straight forward. The entire experience was great. Before seeing the district manager, the branch manager told me I did a great job and gave me pointers for talking to the DM

Interview Questions

• The basics; Why should we hire you? Why do you think you would make a good employee? Good and Bad experience dealing with a customer and how did you handle different situations. Questions that made you think, but in a good way   Answer Question