Capital One Interview Questions in Richmond, VA | Glassdoor

Interviews at Capital One

3.2

Technology Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2020.

Interview

I submitted my resume and the HR person reached out to me to give her times. It was just a superday where I had three interviews in one day - behavioral, case study and technical. They lay out what they are looking for so you can prepare. My behavioral and tech interviews were pretty good but I got this southern lady for my case study that didn't seem to like me or maybe I wasn't answering the questions in the way she wanted so I knew that would count against me.

Interview Questions

• It was Leetcode #328 Odd Even Linked List and #814 Binary Tree Pruning
      For the case study it was about how Capital One acquired ING and the pros and cons of that and also dealing with technical differences.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2020.

Interview

Capital One flew me out to the Richmond campus the night before, and then I went over to the campus the morning after for my interview. It consisted of three parts, the case, the behavioral, and the technical. The case was as described by many other posts on here, the behavioral was a very standard tech behavioral, and the technical was also very standard.

Interview Questions

• In the behavioral, they asked very simple "Tell me about a time..." questions. Just have a few stories ready and be ready to present them in the STAR format.   Answer Question
    • The technical just consisted of leetcode questions, medium and easy.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2020.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews: the first round was in person and the second was in person in their Richmond, VA office. It was very organized and easy to follow. The interview in Richmond took about 3 1/2 hours, with three interviews conducted that time.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this program?
      What could you add to your cohort?   Answer Question

Coda Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process took about two weeks. I was contacted by a recruiter, had a phone interview, and finished with a full day interview on the campus. The on-site interviews consisted of a behavioral interview, job fit interview, and a case interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in January 2020.

Interview

Comfortable interviews, everyone is very friendly. Three parts to the interview: case study, job fit and behavioral. Case study is math based. Job fit is to know your interests and career goals. Behavioral is pretty typical. All are one on one interviews that last 45 minutes. How much time you have at the end to ask questions depends on how long your interview lasts.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in January 2020.

Interview

I went to an on-site interview at their headquarters in Richmon.
    The interview had 3 parts: case, behavior, and technical. The interview has 3 rounds each 45 minutes, and each is a 1 on 1 interview with a different person.
    The technical questions are 2 easy and 1 medium leetcode level questions. I am pretty sure they have one vote denial so if you don't pass a single one of the interview even if you nailed the other two you will get rejected. I definitely did not do well in my behavior interview compared to my others.
    In the behavior, the recruiter likes to ask A LOT of follow-up questions so be prepared with extra mini examples.

Management Rotational Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in January 2020.

Interview

Interview process was incredible. People at Capital One are very authentic in the interview process which allows you to be comfortable and answer honestly. For this position, there is an initial phone screen, a phone interview, and three interviews back to back (behavioral, fit, and case). Questions aren’t too difficult but you need to be firm in your answers because they drill down on each question. I can’t say enough great things about my recruiter or interviewers: they were wonderful and very flexible!

Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Interview

This is an a 8 hour, full day interview that has no bearing on the skills needed for this position. You will be evaluated on your ability to survive several case studies (including one which requires substantial work ahead of time), in the manner of a full-on consulting firm, which Capital One is not. Further, be aware that this interview will cover areas outside of your skill set, most likely not in your field, and also likely not anything you would be doing in the job described. The entire process is like a little self-sustaining industry, and I don't understand what the purpose is - nothing I did or saw on that day had anything to do with the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Solve this case study with math skills you don't have, using concepts you don't know, none of which you need to do this job. OK?   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in December 2019.

Interview

Three Onsite Interviews following meeting recruiters at a career fair and an online application. It consisted of One Technical, One Case Interview (unique to Capital One, as far as I know), and One Behavioral Interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saw a project to completion. Tell me about a time you explained a technological concept to somebody.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in December 2019.

Interview

Job Fit Interview: Interviewee didn't know what position I was applying for and talked about upcoming 2-week vacation. They didn't seem very organized / prepared for discussion. I also used this to ask questions about their experience at the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history   1 Answer