Capital One Interview Questions in Richmond, VA | Glassdoor

Capital One Interview Questions in Richmond, VA

Interviews at Capital One

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

3 hour interview with 3 different people. We were given a tour of the facility before the 3 hour interview. There were 15 minute breaks in between each interview. After the last interview you were free to leave.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through a referral and was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone call later that week. It was just a simple get-to-know-you phone call. After that, I was invited to the final interview on-site. This consisted of the 3 interviews have mentioned. Everyone I met at Capital One was friendly and open about their experience working there. I received an offer a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you explained a technical topic to a non-technical person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

3 back to back interviews behavioral, tech, case. They get back to you very quickly and their interviewers are nice. They give you the option of interviewing on campus or on their site.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on from start to finish and talk about the obstacles you had to overcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through my University career fair and got a call for an on-site interview within a week. The interview process was pleasant and comfortable. There were 3 interviews: case, behavioral and technical, heard back within 3 business days.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke with Capital One at my school's career fair. I got offered an onsite interview. They flew me out to Richmond the day before and I interviewed the next day. The onsite consists of three 45 minute rounds: job fit (technical), case study, behavioral. The technical interview was pretty easy (1 design question + 2 algorithm questions) and the behavioral portion was pretty standard as well. The case study kinda threw me off because I've never done a case study for a software position before, but the interviewers do a great job guiding you through the entire process. The case was very intuitive and it was mostly a test on your problem solving skills. I heard back with an offer 4 business days later.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was asked to interview within my campus. It was a standard behavioral interview. A couple days later, I was asked to come down and interview at their headquarters. The interview was an all day affair with a behavioral, technical and case interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, technical and case   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Simple process. Applied online, and received a notification saying that I had been invited to a final round interview in Virginia. Flew out for the interview which involved a campus tour, a casual lunch with full-timers, and then the three part interview process. The interview process involved a case interview, behavioral interview, and a technical portion. The process went by quickly, and resulted in a very quick turn around.

Interview Questions

• How did you explain a technical concept to a non technical person? How do you know they understood what you explained?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied for full-time on campus. Got a response a couple weeks later. Went onsite. Very professional group. Had lunch with a software engineer on campus then had three interviews in the afternoon. One coding, one case and one behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Met them on campus and applied online. I was contacted over email asking if I could come down to the Richmond location from Maryland. The follow up email contained a lot of prep material and details about the day. Capital One put me in a hotel and paid for my expenses for the whole trip.
    After arriving at the campus, we were split into groups of ~4 and taken on a tour by current employees. Thiis part was informal and my guide was very easy going and answered a lot of our questions about the work environment and how the rotations work.
    The formal part of the interview had 3 parts, behavioral (pretty standard), technical, and case. The technical part was a few coding questions on the whiteboard. While not terribly difficult, it is hard to think of all the different input cases so make sure to consider all possibilities when coding. The case interview for the technical position was not like the prep (business) video they sent. It was basically a coding problem in a business setting. The coding part was pretty easy but for this part they care more about your problem solving and analytical skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was flown out to their Richmond headquarters for the final round of interviews. First we went out to lunch with their employees; I happened to have a TDP employee who was very knowledgeable and down to earth. Then came three rounds Technical, Behavioral, Case in any order.

Interview Questions

• Explain a technical subject to a non technical person.   1 Answer