Capital One Interview Questions in Richmond, VA | Glassdoor

Interviews at Capital One

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

It starts off with an assessment they ask you to do via email. Then you have a phone interview with one rep, after if they like you they ask you when you are available for an in person interview. You interview with two different interviewers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied Online. Three types of Interviews: Behavioral, Case Study, and Coding all randomized. Very easy... I answered all questions correctly but wasn't offered for some reason. I think my behavioral interviewer was skeptical of my answers.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Skipped straight to the second round interview at their Richmond location. They conducted 3 interviews that day, behavioral, technical, and case study. The case study was a bit weird but they gave you plenty of prep. The technical questions were very easy if you've taken an intro level computer science course. The behavioral one is easy if you know how to talk to people and look up a few example questions online beforehand so you're not caught off guard by the types of questions they will ask you. Your recruiter will provide you with plenty of materials before the interview to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Write a method that checks if a string is a palindrome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Power Day interview with 3 interviews within 4 hours. Interviews were a case study, behavioral, and technical interview. Interviewers were extremely friendly. I received an offer within 24 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Invited out to the richmond campus after a hackathon, did 3 interviews, each was about 2 technical questions and the last one was a case study. The case study was simple logic based on a couple of calculations and the questions weren't that difficult. If you read through racking the coding interview you will be fine

Interview Questions

• Implement a linked list and return the kth to last element   1 Answer

Sr. Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in May 2007.

Interview

Interesting

Interview Questions

Negotiation

fine

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

They scheduled a campus recruiting first, all about statistics questions such as what's confidence interval, p value, ANOVA, etc. I was also asked to design tests for randomization. The notice about onsite interview came the next day. There were 4 interviews-2 case, 1 role play and 1 behavioral. The first case was given you the required profit margin, asked about the market share, and whether the company should retrieve from the business. Plus, if the company decided to stay, what strategy could be employed. The second case was simple, basically understanding of statistics was enough. The hardest part for me is the role play. The model analyzed a problem of delayed flights. You had to understand the graphs and the model quickly and to prepare for a presentation to someone who pretended know nothing about stats. The problem for me was the time is limited and it was hard for me to organize my answer well. The behavioral question was typical.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience persuading someone and change their opinion.
      Tell me about a time when you encounter great change of your project.
      Tell me about a project that you're most proud of .   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

First round was an easy phone interview, then three on site interviews. They invited me over after the phone interview. Two fo three on-site interviews were technical and one was personality test.

Interview Questions

• Things like interpreting output of a logistic regression   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

First round was phone interview, totally 5 questions, 4 of them were related to basic stat concepts but given in real world background. Got notice about the final round about three hours later. On-site was much harder than the first, more business focused rather than statistics.

Interview Questions

• P-value, Ci, missing value, fund raising.
      life insurance, credit card verification, flight delay, behavioral.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for this position. He was very nice and provided several useful tips for the on-site interview. The on-site interview went well. No difficult questions. They mainly focused on your analytical thinking, not what you already know about a specific problem. There were 4 interviewers. One of them asked behavioral questions.