Capital One Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

A friend of mine referred my resume and within 2 days I got a call from recruiter, it's a phone screening asking about my willingness to relocate, some info about the position, and scheduled a on-site interview for me. On the interview day, there were 8 of us interviewing and none of us made it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• How's the contact lens market in the US. (Then the interviewers provided some details to calculate revenue, profit, and asked some percentage changes of the answers I got)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very quick as it was an internal job posting that I applied to. I got a call from the recruiter and then the hiring manager invited me for an in-person round on the phone. I then had a case interview.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

First the standard telephone screen. Then you must take 2 or 3 online assessment tests. If you pass those, then you are brought in for a 4 hour in person interview. This is made up of three parts: 1. Behavioral, 2 - Use Case, 3 - Job Fit.

Interview Questions

• A typical behavioral interview will be done in two parts, each part will have three questions (six questions total). This part of the interview is focused on the candidate telling how they did something (not what they would do, but what they actually did). Some example questions: 1- Tell me when you had to learn something new at work. 2 - Tell me when you had to convince others to go along with your ideas instead of their own.. etc.. Give as much detail as possible - they want to see people that think independently and not wait around for someone to tell them what to do etc)..   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me through Linked In and once my resume was approved I was asked to schedule for an onsite interview. They gave me enough time to schedule. Usually they give you a time frame of two weeks but due to some cancellation at their end my interview took place almost 4 weeks after I was first contacted. I had 2 Case interviews and 1 Behavioral interview before lunch and I was called to take another Case interview after lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work on something new.
      Tell me about a time when you had to work on a team project.
      Tell me about a time when you had to meet deadlines in spite of some obstacles.

The case interviews were long but tested your basics. The interviewers guide you throughout the process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

1. Initial Phone interview,
    2. Power day on site (2 business case interviews, 1 behavioral Interview) (8 am to 3 pm)
    3. Phone interview with managing director of department I was applying for (2 Hours)
    4. Power day on site (1 business case interview, 3 behavioral interviews) (8 am to 3 pm)
    5. Job offer.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much standard behavioral interviews, they want to figure out why you do things. They drill down.   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in April 2015.

Interview

2 case interviews, 2 behavioral interviews. Started at 9 am, and my interviewer was 35 minutes late. Next interviewer was 15 minutes late. Neither apologized, both were very rude. Not a very impressive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Two cases and one behavioral. The emphasis was on passing the case- they have very specific criteria and aren't flexible about creative approaches. Even if you kill the behavioral, you can't get an offer without passing both cases. My case interviewer kept on looking at the window it was definitely not a case interviewer who redirected me if I headed in the wrong direction.

Interview Questions

• A finance case and a shipping case   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

you fill out information online and submit it. after a few days, they will send you a link to do online exam. exam is very tricky. also be prepare with technical skills. they will test you questions with your knowledge, problem solving skills. if you pass the exam, you will be bring in for onsite interview. onsite interview is 1:1 and panel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview scheduled after the recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn; Get back from the recruiter four days after the phone interview; Event though the recruiter said I seemed to be a strong fit for the position, I didn't make it to the next round because the decision makers thought I might not be the best fit for the team

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself; Tell me more about your experience in strategic planning   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

For an Internal hire, there are two case interviews and require that the candidate pass in both. For external hire, the process is called Power Day. There will be three cases and two behavioral interviews. Required to pass 2 cases and not sure about the behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you calculate Break Even Point? What are some of the costs involved in running a business? How to calculate Net Value of the customer and Profit based on specific products?   1 Answer