Capital One Senior Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Data Analyst

Capital One Senior Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

2 behavior questions and 2 case questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Interview

Standard 2 behavioral and 2 case studies. One of the behavioral interviews consisted of a conversation (be sure to make it a conversation and ask questions) about what type of job/work you would enjoy best.

Interview Questions

• Many suggest the book "Case in Point", and those cases are certainly good. This is a heavily numbers-focused study, so be sure to brush up on financial accounting.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

A very straight forward and well organized process.

1. Screening Round..
    2. Online Test - Prepare well.
    3. Behavioral Interview - 2 rounds - Prepare responses in STAR format.
    4. Two case studies.

Interview Questions

• Go through the interviews here on Glassdoor. Every single case study and behavioral interview question is already available here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Applied online then asked to have a phone interview (20mins), asking about current job and career goals, then asked to take an online test: Personality, Verbal and Math. Definitely not difficult, but requires fast thinking and calculation. After passing the online assessment, you will be asked to a on-site interview and that is where the real game begins...

Interview Questions

• Nothing is unexpected, but you need be well prepared in order to show what you got in the way they are expecting.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One (Wilmington, DE) in May 2013.

Interview

Met a recruiter for the analyst program who referred me to this position and another recruiter. Took a verbal and quantitative test and was invited to the Wilmington, DE Powerday. Did 2 case interviews and 2 behavioral interviews. There was an extreme language barrier with one of the interviewers who didn't even mention portions of the case study which she expected me to factor in. It is a very weird interview process in which you do not even necessarily meet people you will be working with or be tested on relevant skills.

Interview Questions

• Evaluate the value of a shipping business based on variable costs.   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Capital One in July 2013.

Interview

I had an online exam first. I was called for case interview after one week.
    The interview process was easy

Interview Questions

• There were nothing which are unexpected   1 Answer

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The interview can be broken in two categories... Case Interview and Behavioral Interview.

Case interview primarily checks your ability to interpret the data for example if you will be able to see if the company making profit for loss, percentage , graphical representation of data. Simple maths but I would suggest you should revise the formula's for Profit/ Loss and Break Even Analysis,

Behavioral Interview - that's easy, you have to talk about instances that may have come up in your career or you should be smart enough to make one and speak just like Extempore.

Interview Questions

• It really depends, for me it went straight forward so I was fine.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't Negotiate.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One in May 2014.

Interview

I read about all the case interviews I can find before the interview. You shouldn't have any problems with them if you gather all the information you can get from Glassdoor and other websites. I think I did OK in the case interviews, but what impressed the interviewers were the behavior questions I prepared. They were trying to match your experience with their real situation work. So if you read all the case interviews online, you can get a general idea of what this position does in the company. And when you do prepare for the behavior questions, you should try to make them similar to the case interviews you read. So give them what they are looking for and make them believe that you can fill the role with former experience and knowledge. Try to be confident and don't panic. Casers are very friendly and there to help you when you need it. Good luck.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Haven't really decided to go or not. Doesn't have the option.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Interview

the process was okay. they make u fly to VA. they do not care for skills. Ask to work on case studies. the interview takes place for 4 - 5 hrs. before onsite they look for ur quantitative aptitude

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through a referral and the process took 4 weeks. The first phase was a phone interview by recruiter with 5 easy math questions. Then, was invited for an onsite interview with 2 case and 2 behavioral questions questions. Expect questions on break-even and weighted average questions in case interviews. Behavioral questions were pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• Call center Handling time.
      1. Calculate average handling time
      2. How much should transfer rate decrease to save $1 Million.
      3. Strategy to reach the target   Answer Question