Capital One Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Senior Manager Interview Questions

3.6

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in November 2012.

Interview

This is a full day process. You'll meet with 4 folks minimum if lucky. HR, Behavioral, Motivational, your new manager. Each will have a set of questions, expect 1 hour or more per person, and if lucky, you are assigned an office for the day of questioning. Usually there are 4 to 6 others being reviewed by the team at the same time. At the end, the 4 interviewers will rate you. ya or nay. but before you get this wonderful experience, you'll have 2 hour timed test. Best of luck

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Thorough process from beginning to end. Very professional and well presented. Impressive over all. A Sr. Recruiter contacted me initially for a phone interview. Then, I had to complete three tests/assessments. After I passed those, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager decided to bring me in for a half day panel interview that consisted of behavioral and job fit questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you say was one of the most difficult goals or projects you have completed in relation to your work that you feel the experience you gained will help you in this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

Definitely one of the most intense interview processes. Cultural fit test, math test, reading comprehension test, onsite interviews with business case and Excel test. Was a bit intimidating while going through the process but afterwards made me appreciate the high bar for talent at the company.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process is comprised of multiple steps, beginning with online testing assessments. Then it proceeds to telephone interviews, followed by panel interviews. For some positions the candidates are also "cased" where they must complete a business case, or a design challenge, for example. The recruiters do an excellent job explaining the process and setting expectations with candidates.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked are behavioral interviewing questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Volo, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Volo, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Saw a posting on Linkedin. Applied online. Received call from recruiter, they asked to take an online test. Took the test, and recruiter called back and scheduled for on-site interview in Richmond.

Interview Questions

Decided to stay at current company.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Initial Phone screen by HR followed by Phone screen with Hiring manager. Online Tests (Mini GMAT) followed by 1 day onsite interview.
    Onsite interview includes Case Interview, Job Fit analysis and some behavioral interviews

Negotiation

It was okay & Straightforward. It lasted for around a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

went through computer test, and then had an power day with 2 cases

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One in December 2011.

Interview

Pretty much as advertised, 2 case interviews, two behavioral interviews and a lunch with other applicants. I think the interviewers want you to talk through your reasoning during the case interviews. By asking clarifying questions throughout the interview, I knew I was on the right track.

Recruiting was fairly quick to get back with feedback letting me know they were hiring me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was fair and at market in my area.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One in September 2011.

Interview

As typical with Capital One, first step was an online evaluation test (similar to a GMAT type test) on Math and Language skills. This was followed by a personality test. There are no right/wrong answers except that you answer honestly. Once cleared, they invite you in for a face-to-face interview.

This was 2 case studies and one behavioral interview. Case studies were on breakeven analysis of the credit card business and a conceptual analysis of a business acquisition. The breakeven analysis was to determine the threshold for keeping or eliminating a qualification step for credit card applicants.

The behavioral was a few questions: tell me about a time when you worked with someone (give examples about conflicts with that person, or how you overcame any vested interests in the task). Tell me about a time when you had to overcome some obstacle to complete your task. There was one more question I don't remember though.

They try to make the interview process standardized so that they can evaluate each candidate objectively. I think they are fairly successful at that. I don't know their evaluation criteria and they don't tell you why or where you fell short when rejecting your application.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview - tell me about a time when you had to overcome an obstacle to fulfill your task.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

- Phone interview
    - Online analytical and numerical assessments.
    - On site - >job fit, case interview and 2 behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• Case interview - analysis of call center timings   2 Answers