Capital One Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Senior Manager Interview Questions

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Thorough process from beginning to end. Very professional and well presented. Impressive over all. A Sr. Recruiter contacted me initially for a phone interview. Then, I had to complete three tests/assessments. After I passed those, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager decided to bring me in for a half day panel interview that consisted of behavioral and job fit questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you say was one of the most difficult goals or projects you have completed in relation to your work that you feel the experience you gained will help you in this role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

Definitely one of the most intense interview processes. Cultural fit test, math test, reading comprehension test, onsite interviews with business case and Excel test. Was a bit intimidating while going through the process but afterwards made me appreciate the high bar for talent at the company.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process is comprised of multiple steps, beginning with online testing assessments. Then it proceeds to telephone interviews, followed by panel interviews. For some positions the candidates are also "cased" where they must complete a business case, or a design challenge, for example. The recruiters do an excellent job explaining the process and setting expectations with candidates.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked are behavioral interviewing questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Sioux Falls, SD) in December 2011.

Interview

1:1 interviews consisting of BEI questions. Usually the questions devolved into other stories and examples not asked about. Met with three separate senior managers, and one role play involving an agent who had attendance and professionalism problems.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time you ran a project and how did you make it successful?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

This was by far the worst interview process I have ever been through since I started in IT. Capital One uses SHL to do a general assessment to determine suitability.

The intial screening had absolutely ZERO to do with the technology position I was asked to apply for. The assessment consisted of some generic numeric reasoning, verbal and personality based questions without ANY technology based questions.

Needless to say, I would never accept an invitation to interview with this company again. Stay away.

Interview Questions

• Study SHL numeric reasoning and verbal assessment questions online as well as the practice tests prior to taking the complete assessment.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in November 2012.

Interview

This is a full day process. You'll meet with 4 folks minimum if lucky. HR, Behavioral, Motivational, your new manager. Each will have a set of questions, expect 1 hour or more per person, and if lucky, you are assigned an office for the day of questioning. Usually there are 4 to 6 others being reviewed by the team at the same time. At the end, the 4 interviewers will rate you. ya or nay. but before you get this wonderful experience, you'll have 2 hour timed test. Best of luck

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Volo, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Volo, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Saw a posting on Linkedin. Applied online. Received call from recruiter, they asked to take an online test. Took the test, and recruiter called back and scheduled for on-site interview in Richmond.

Interview Questions

Decided to stay at current company.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

First talked with HR Recruiter then took the online tests. They provided plenty of guidance on taking the exam. Next step was the onsite interview and again HR sent sample questions and recommended the STAR method for responding. Had an offer within 24 hours of the in person interview. Most of the delays were due to commitments at my current job

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. HR was good about providing some ideas of what to expect prior to the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

Base offer was fair. Was able to negotiate a sign on and some pre planned vacation time off

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Initial Phone screen by HR followed by Phone screen with Hiring manager. Online Tests (Mini GMAT) followed by 1 day onsite interview.
    Onsite interview includes Case Interview, Job Fit analysis and some behavioral interviews

Negotiation

It was okay & Straightforward. It lasted for around a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

I recently interviewed with Capital One. Very interesting interview process -- phone interviews and an online test (3 parts) broken into numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning, and personality assessment. It is nice to know that the company cares about bringing in bright people who pass certain criteria. I then went into the office for a half-day of interviews with 5 VP/SVP level leaders on the team who were all very friendly and helpful in answering my questions about the role, the company, and the city.

Interview Questions

• Verbal reasoning questions were difficult, tricky questions. Had to read through them each several times and ran short on time at the end of the test.   Answer Question