Capital One Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Senior Manager Interview Questions

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Sioux Falls, SD) in December 2011.

Interview

1:1 interviews consisting of BEI questions. Usually the questions devolved into other stories and examples not asked about. Met with three separate senior managers, and one role play involving an agent who had attendance and professionalism problems.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time you ran a project and how did you make it successful?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

went through computer test, and then had an power day with 2 cases

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

I got word of this job through some networking done by a former co-worker who is a current Capital One employee. He passed my resume on to the hiring manager, who in turn sent it over to HR. I was asked to take the online assessments for personality and verbal/math skills. After being notified that I was invited to Power Day, I had a series of two behavioral interviews and one fit interview. I did not have to perform any case interviews due to the position I applied for.

The interviewers were very professional and I am convinced that this is a good place to work. Unfortunately, I was not an exact fit for the job and did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone to see your point of view.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

- Phone interview
    - Online analytical and numerical assessments.
    - On site - >job fit, case interview and 2 behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• Case interview - analysis of call center timings   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

This role was a bit of a stretch for me, but I felt I should apply. Capital One has a very rigorous process for interviewing. I had worked at Capital One as an FTE for about 4 years and just loved it, so looked to return full time.

The general structure of the interviews is as follows -

-There is usually a quick phone interview with an HR person making sure you fit the bill to some degree (background, experience, schooling, etc.)
    -Then there will be a test. This test is a mix of several things. There is a math portion, personality portion, and other resoning skills
    -Provided that one passes this test, he/she will be brought in for interviews which will consist of your standard 1 on 1 interview. THere will be two of these.
    -There will also be two 1 on 1 interviews that are "case interviews." These are interviews where they look at one's problem solving and integrative thinking skills. This is the part where most people will be tripped up.
    -COF will also look to "verify" your math test results by having you take a quick 10 question test on-site. Most people don't finish the test, but that by no means is an indication of failure.
    -there is also an informal lunch with either the hiring manager or other associates. This isn't a FORMAL interview, but be prepared with questions about the role, the company, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go against the majority of your group in a work situation.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Interview will consist of a series of Behavioral Interviews to assess job fit, i.e. tell me a situation where you had... and hiring manager job fit.

Interview Questions

• A self assessment is also required and you need to have a passing score   Answer Question

Negotiation

Brief

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Very rigorous hiring process which includes testing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very quick and straight forward

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One in December 2011.

Interview

Pretty much as advertised, 2 case interviews, two behavioral interviews and a lunch with other applicants. I think the interviewers want you to talk through your reasoning during the case interviews. By asking clarifying questions throughout the interview, I knew I was on the right track.

Recruiting was fairly quick to get back with feedback letting me know they were hiring me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was fair and at market in my area.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One in September 2011.

Interview

As typical with Capital One, first step was an online evaluation test (similar to a GMAT type test) on Math and Language skills. This was followed by a personality test. There are no right/wrong answers except that you answer honestly. Once cleared, they invite you in for a face-to-face interview.

This was 2 case studies and one behavioral interview. Case studies were on breakeven analysis of the credit card business and a conceptual analysis of a business acquisition. The breakeven analysis was to determine the threshold for keeping or eliminating a qualification step for credit card applicants.

The behavioral was a few questions: tell me about a time when you worked with someone (give examples about conflicts with that person, or how you overcame any vested interests in the task). Tell me about a time when you had to overcome some obstacle to complete your task. There was one more question I don't remember though.

They try to make the interview process standardized so that they can evaluate each candidate objectively. I think they are fairly successful at that. I don't know their evaluation criteria and they don't tell you why or where you fell short when rejecting your application.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview - tell me about a time when you had to overcome an obstacle to fulfill your task.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One in January 2010.

Interview

Easy. Online assessments for personality (Work Assessment), math and analytical reasoning. Behavioral and Case Study Interviews. Very professionally run organization and the process very clear. Easy to interact with interviewers and plenty of opportunities to present your "good side". I like the format of the Capital One process as the emphasis is on finding the right aptitudes and skills and not on subjective assessments of somone's actual experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you led the collaboration between two teams and how it impacted the overall success of a project or initiative.   Answer Question