Capital One Senior Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Senior Operations Analyst Interview Questions

3.4

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One in November 2011.

Interview

the process is standard with two case interviews and a behavior.
about the call center stats and default analysis

Interview Questions

• call center handliing time. take the weighted average, and new initiative on second level support, % of transfer rate to jusftify the addtional cost   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

It was a case interview with practical questions along with a typical STAR interview. Some of the interviewers were very nice, some were short and on the rude side. We had to calculate for example if a transaction over the credit limit would be allowable or not or decide whether to roll out a certain campaign. If you are not familiar with the industry it can be tough.

Interview Questions

• Would you allow a transaction over the credit limit. They provided numbers for you to be able to calculate it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Capital one basically runs an interview mill in Richmond. I'm sure recruiters have to bring through X number of people a month. 2 behavioral and 2 case studies all back to back. Quite boring and repetitive. Don't waste your time.

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

There are 3 rounds of interviews. 1. recruiter telephone, basically introduce the company and the position and arrange the time for the next interview; 2. sr. manager telephone case interview 45 min. Telephone case interview is about call centers in US and Philippines. Calculation is simple, but strategic thinking is important, not easy to pass. Feedback is pretty quick. In the next day, you'll know the result from your recruiter.; 3. onsite case interviews and behavior interview
    The interval between interviews is 1 to 1.5 weeks
    Recruiter and interviewers are very nice

Interview Questions

• Behavior interview will ask very detail about your previous experience. You should prepare more examples in every aspects to show your personality and ability match the position and company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

I hired through the website and was quickly scheduled for 2 telephonic rounds post which I was asked to come for a face to face interview. There were multiple rounds in the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• A lot of emphasis was on credit card related questions and risk of customers. There were rounds of case interviews and behavioral interviews at the end of which they will ask you to stay back if you have been selected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

2 case interviews & 2 behavioral interviews. Before these there was a screening math test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, invited to super day few weeks later. Night prior to interview, they have a meet and greet with new hires in the position you're interviewing for. If you can, I'd recommend you skip it or make a brief appearance. You're better off prepping or sleeping. The interviews themselves are as follows: 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral in some order. If you do well, you will be invited to stay for a third case interview after lunch. If you do well on the third case, you will get the job. If you are told that you are done for the day after lunch and do not get a third case, you did not get the job. The behavioral interview is very easy, standard behavioral fanfare. The cases are quantitative and do have correct answers. I was asked two case questions: one on deciding how to market to clients (either through mail or telemarketing) and one on how to assess risk on credit cards. Know the response rate & breakeven formulas and you should be okay. Study hard and get yourself acclimated with the practice cases that they provide beforehand. Finally, they respond within 4-5 days of the interview of the decision, and like I said, if you didn't get a third case interview, don't hold your breath. Company seemed like a good place to work, so it was disappointing to not get the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Had two rounds.

Round 1 was a case and a behavorial.

Round 2 was a case, a behavorial and a job fit interview.

The case was not too tough- credit card analysis, simple break even points, some arithmetic involved. Check for quick analytical skills. Interviewers were friendly and smart.

Interview Questions

• What do you least like about the new job? (this was a tough one)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter negotiated on my behalf.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

screening call from HR, then a phone case interview from a senior manager. And I was be invited to the onsite interview on Virginia. The whole process is great and HR is really helpful. Unfortunately, I didn't been asked to stay for the additional interview at afternoon. I received the rejected phone couple days later by calling from HR. They appreciated all the interviewees. It's a pleasure experience.

Interview Questions

• phone screening interview question is typical call center and customer volume. Simple math calculation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

First a phone call with the recruiter followed by a phone case interview which was pretty simple.

Power day at their campus included 4 interviews- 2 cases plus 2 behavioral. Behavioral interviews are the most straightforward interviews on earth. Three straight questions are asked with an expected STAR format answer. Cases are adaptive in that the difficulty of cases will increase as you answer questions correctly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to anticipate a problem and resolve it before it became an issue.
      Tell me about a time when you had a difficult team to deal with.
      Answer Question