Capital One Senior Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Senior Operations Analyst Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

It was a case interview with practical questions along with a typical STAR interview. Some of the interviewers were very nice, some were short and on the rude side. We had to calculate for example if a transaction over the credit limit would be allowable or not or decide whether to roll out a certain campaign. If you are not familiar with the industry it can be tough.

Interview Questions

• Would you allow a transaction over the credit limit. They provided numbers for you to be able to calculate it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

screening call from HR, then a phone case interview from a senior manager. And I was be invited to the onsite interview on Virginia. The whole process is great and HR is really helpful. Unfortunately, I didn't been asked to stay for the additional interview at afternoon. I received the rejected phone couple days later by calling from HR. They appreciated all the interviewees. It's a pleasure experience.

Interview Questions

• phone screening interview question is typical call center and customer volume. Simple math calculation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

First a phone call with the recruiter followed by a phone case interview which was pretty simple.

Power day at their campus included 4 interviews- 2 cases plus 2 behavioral. Behavioral interviews are the most straightforward interviews on earth. Three straight questions are asked with an expected STAR format answer. Cases are adaptive in that the difficulty of cases will increase as you answer questions correctly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to anticipate a problem and resolve it before it became an issue.
      Tell me about a time when you had a difficult team to deal with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Capital one basically runs an interview mill in Richmond. I'm sure recruiters have to bring through X number of people a month. 2 behavioral and 2 case studies all back to back. Quite boring and repetitive. Don't waste your time.

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The whole process went on very well and all the staff and interviewers were super nice. They were very helpful.
    2 case interviews and 2 behavior interviews for the final round at Richmond.
    Behavior questions were very similar to the prepare examples they provided before the interview. Get familiar with your previous experiences and remembered details would help. Behavior questions were not hard, just try to use the STAR format and you should be fine.
    Case interviews had lots of math and calculations. Once you figured out the equation, it is not that hard. My first case was about ATM and how to choose location to place an ATM, and list the revenue resources and cost resources. Then interviewer provided some data to calculate the calculate the annual profit. Then draw a graph about total volume using the ATM and the % of non capital one customers. Show how to increase profit on the graph. Then discussed some limitations such as could not have unlimited volume etc.
    My second case was about life insurance. You are a product manager and want to decide whether it is profitable. Customers will pay a premium to buy the insurance, and once they dead we need to pay a one-time fee to the beneficiaries. Also provided some other costs. Then calculated the max %of death if the company want to profit in a year. You have to assume when you customers will die during this year. Then provided 4 customers segments(A,B,C,D) with different probability of death but same % of population. Then we have 4 different strategies, 1 only contains A, risk is 1%, 2 contains A and B, risk is 2%, 3 contains A,B,C, risk is 3%, 4 contains A,B,C,D, risk is 4%. If you want to max profit, which strategy would you choose. Then draw a graph to show the relationship between the strategies and the total profit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to pursue others to agree with you.
      Tell me a time when you had to quickly adapt to a changing object in a project.

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

There are 3 rounds of interviews. 1. recruiter telephone, basically introduce the company and the position and arrange the time for the next interview; 2. sr. manager telephone case interview 45 min. Telephone case interview is about call centers in US and Philippines. Calculation is simple, but strategic thinking is important, not easy to pass. Feedback is pretty quick. In the next day, you'll know the result from your recruiter.; 3. onsite case interviews and behavior interview
    The interval between interviews is 1 to 1.5 weeks
    Recruiter and interviewers are very nice

Interview Questions

• Behavior interview will ask very detail about your previous experience. You should prepare more examples in every aspects to show your personality and ability match the position and company   Answer Question

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One in June 2014.

Interview

Called by a recruiter around one week after I applied the position online. Set up a phone interview with a sr. operations manager with more than 10 years experience. The phone interview is mainly a case study, without background check or behavioral questions. Took 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• Case study about the cost benefit analysis of their call center, located in US and Philippine. Do basic calculation on the total cost given information about number of agencies, salary rate, and duration of phone calls. Also some basic personal opinions are asked such as why and how the strategy is chosen.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview - case interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone case interview: The company has an online document centre which keeps track of all of the info about its customers. We offered our customers a free option to enroll in e statements and stop receiving paper statements. The enrollment numbers are below our expectations. We want to launch a marketing campaign. What are some of the factors that you would consider to design such a campaign? List them and briefly explain.

Now, I have some data for you. The marketing dept has determined that it would send across 150,000 emails to customers based on two different strategies. Each email costs 25 cents and the lifetime savings for each customer enrolled will be $20. For the first strategy, the customer receives a one time statement credit of $15 and under the second strategy, the customer receives a credit of $5. Which strategy would you prefer and why?

When asked about response rates, the interviewer gave response rates of 15% and 10% for the two strategies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

I hired through the website and was quickly scheduled for 2 telephonic rounds post which I was asked to come for a face to face interview. There were multiple rounds in the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• A lot of emphasis was on credit card related questions and risk of customers. There were rounds of case interviews and behavioral interviews at the end of which they will ask you to stay back if you have been selected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

2 case interviews & 2 behavioral interviews. Before these there was a screening math test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate.