Capital One Senior Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Senior Operations Analyst Interview Questions

3.4

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Had two rounds.

Round 1 was a case and a behavorial.

Round 2 was a case, a behavorial and a job fit interview.

The case was not too tough- credit card analysis, simple break even points, some arithmetic involved. Check for quick analytical skills. Interviewers were friendly and smart.

Interview Questions

• What do you least like about the new job? (this was a tough one)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter negotiated on my behalf.

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

I got in touch with a HR rep from Capital One and he sent me an online assessment which I cleared. I was then called for an in person interview. 2 case interviews and 2 behavioral. do all the questions already posted on glassdoor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied through university posting. Worked with helpful recruiter who coached through the online tests (work style, quant, verbal) and on-site interviews. CO has the process down cold: travel agency books flights/drivers/hotel, you just show up at your home airport the day before, fly, get shuttled to your hotel, to the campus the next morning, through the whole process, and get dropped off at the airport again. A quick 18-24 hours total.

The interviews were two behavioral, two case, group lunch, and possible interview after lunch based on remaining questions. The company stresses risk averse, ethical banking, and a collaborative, meritocracy, non-hierarchical, workforce. They want people who WANT to be there (many I spoke to have been there 10+ years), and even have on-site career counselors to help you find other positions or even outside jobs if you are not happy. Friendly place and people, beautiful sprawling campus in upscale suburb. They are rapidly expanding on the retail banking side with a goal of becoming a top five bank in the US, and I heard they are hiring THOUSANDS in the next few months. Good luck...

Interview Questions

• CASE: Cross-selling Credit Insurance to Cardholders
      direct mail: .50, 1% response rate, avg balance $1000, 5% claim insurance, etc. Profitable? How make more profitable? What if response rate doubled but claims doubled? Make chart of profit curve, what does it mean if..., etc.   13 Answers
    • CASE: Alumni Affinity Program
      partner w universities for branded cards for grads, good idea? avg apr, cost of capital, avg balance, avg credit limit, percentage of charge offs, etc. Read a chart, draw a loss rate curve and interpret various meanings.   1 Answer
    • CASE: Recovering Written-off Past Due Balances
      6 months past due, avg $2000 balance, 15% pay in full, profitable? If introduce settlement option for 60% of balance, 10% pay settlement but 5% of them dont pay in full, better choice? With new model, now 9% pay in full, but with settlement option now 10% take settlement but a third of original payers dont pay in full, better? etc. (poorly worded and confusing case. unhelpful vague interviewer, arggg, cost me the job).   3 Answers
    • Behavioral (3 q's per 45 minute interview):
      A time you called on an "expert" to complete a task or problem.
      A time you faced an obstacle to a project being on-time.
      A time you needed to learn something new for a project.
      A time when you persuaded others to see and accept your view.
      A time when you needed to organize and manage a new assignment while continuing a current assignment.
      A time when you significantly and quickly adapted plans to the changing goals of a project or team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

I Applied Online and received a phone call from a recruiting cordinator inviting me for an online assessment which I passed the same day. The following day I received a call from a recruiter inviting me for an onsite interview in Plano, TX. I was flown in really lookd after as I was put up in a nice and contemporary hotel across from the campus.

The day of the interview, I discovered that there were about 10 other individuals interviewing as well. The onsite interview consisted of a behavioral interview and 2 case studies. Behavioral interview consusted of 3 questions and then there was enought time foor me to have informal discussion.

The Case interviews were a little more intense than I expected. Both were related to Credit Card industry. The first was about finding profit based on variable APRs ( PROFIT = REVENUE-COST) . Make sure to think out loud and let the interviewer see your approach. Second Case Interview was about calculating the break even based on probability of good and bad credit applications.

My advice is to have few examples ready for beahviorial interview and brush up on basic algerbaic and probability formulas. Best of Luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a Time when you have to persuade others to see things your way   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have to juggle between two projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

First round was the telephone screen by HR. It was just about the resume.
    Second round was five interviews at their Richmond office. They fly you and put you in a nice hotel. The process was really comfortable. Second round consists of three case and two behavioral interviews. Cases were not traditional cases. They were analytical and based on cards business entirely. The final round case was really hard.

Interview Questions

• Case based on Credit Cards. Mostly driven by probabilities and expected value.   1 Answer

Opportunity for career growth seemed low

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

1. Took online math test (Easy, like ACT Math)
    2. Went in for office interview
       -2 Case Interviews (Not to hard, but others seem to think they are)
       -1 Behavioural Interview (Like interviews at every other company)
    3. Got offer within the next few days.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. They increased my salary by 5K, to the max salary for my position.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

2 case interviews & 2 behavioral interviews. Before these there was a screening math test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate.

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One in November 2011.

Interview

the process is standard with two case interviews and a behavior.
    about the call center stats and default analysis

Interview Questions

• call center handliing time. take the weighted average, and new initiative on second level support, % of transfer rate to jusftify the addtional cost   Answer Question