Capital One Senior Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Senior Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Internal interview, very casual and relaxed. Felt more of a culture fit than a job fit. I'm not sure why they make you write 30 words so I'll just consume useless space with nothing else to really say.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Case based and tough. One on one and panel style interviews. 4 hours long. It is a grueling day. However, this is typical for high performing business such as Capital One.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based and job specific   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

Intense interview with 8 people. I had to do a personality test, a Project Management skills test as well as a math / strategy test, Capital One is known for it's rigorous pre-employment scfeening process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you dealt with conflict.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was some negotiations but I didn't know know Capital One's position levels as well as I should have beforehand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

High expectations of Capital One, very disappointing experience. I have heard great things about Capital One and how they pride themselves on having an great interview process and great customer service - my experience took 2 months.

Here are my interview steps:
    - Initial online assessment: Received email from recruiter to take the assessment. Completed and sent to next step. (No response from recruiter after a week - I followed up to see if I was selected for the next step)
    - Phone screen: Received a call from an HR rep for basic phone screen. Completed and sent to next step. (No response from the recruiter after a week- I followed up to see if I was selected for the next step)
    - Phone interview #1: Received a call from one of the reporting managers to determine if I would be a job fit. Completed and sent to next step. (No response from the recruiter after two weeks - I followed up to get feedback and status)
    - Phone interview #2: Received a call from the hiring director. Completed and next step would be on-site interview. (Again, I had to initiate the communication with the recruiter to find out if I was selected for the on-site interview)

Finally, I contacted the recruiter to find out if there was any feedback from the hiring manager. I was told that I was selected for the on-site interview and would be contacted with details. A week later, I was contacted by a coordinator to set up the on-site interview. The recruiter call me after 8pm to apologize for how long the coordinator took to contact me.

The on-site interview was 4 hours and with 4 different people - it consists of: 1 - behavioral, 1- case, 1- job fit, and 1-behavioral. I had interviewed with two of the people I would meet with over the phone (four weeks prior), . A week went by after the on-site interview, I sent thank you notes to all 4 people and emailed the recruiter a 'Thank You' email.

I received a COMPUTER-generated response that I was not selected for the two positions - sorry but that is bad customer service. After a two month initiating communication with this recruiter, the recruiter calling me after 8pm, and the numerous steps- the least the recruiter could have done was respond to my "Thank You" email with some feedback and that I wasn't selected. I am not disappointed that I wasn't selected. I am mostly disappointed in the long process it takes to determine someone is not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview is different than most interviews because you are expected to answer with very specific examples but once you get the hang of it, it becomes easier to answer.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One in July 2014.

Interview

I completed testing portion and then, I had a phone screen with a recruiter that went well. A few days later had a phone screen with a manager that ask me one question and nothing else. Manager/interview seemed as if he had already decided on a candidate; so, I am not sure why the recruiter even bothered to schedule an interview for me with this manager. If hiring manager does not give you an opportunity to interview for the position then, Capital One Interview process is a waste of time (It certainly wasted a lot of my time). A successful interview with this company depends on if you happen to get a manager/interview that actually follows the Capital interview process and actually gives each candidate a real interview. Guess I should consider myself lucky as that so called manager interviewer is not someone I would want as a manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

Recruiter responded to the application submitted -
    First, quick interview with Recruiter and then by the hiring manager
    Then they requested that I take several tests (skills, IQ, Personality) overall takes about 3 - 4 hours (complete waste of time - who they think they are Google?)
    Then based on the test results, I was proceeded to in person interview with 3 people 45 mins each.
    Asked about case based questions and some quantitative questions. Not one person really impressed me - as they wanted to impress themselves to me as they were a bit arrogant.
    Of my 13+ years of career, this was the most wasting time interview of all times. In fact, knowing the people I interviewed with, I wasn't going to take the offer anyways as the recruiter under-ball the range below my current salary.

Interview Questions

• Can you give example of difficult situation you have handled during a project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Capital One uses the Behavior interviewing model that most companies use - STAR. Situation/Task, Action, Results.
    The model is pretty standard, except for the test. Depending on the level you apply for, you may have to take a test that consists of Math (Algebra/Geometry), and Language Arts. If you dont pass the test, you wont make it to the HR recruiter.
    HR recruiter will contact you for a screening, then if you pass that you will move on to the associate interviews.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Capital One is in a 'sellers' market so they have multiple applicates for the same position because a lot of companies arent growing. The pay is very fair, so in this market take what you can get. Its a great company to work for and move up in.