Capital One TDP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One TDP Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.8

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Mediocre interview process. Study data structures and inheritance for the system design question. Had a question on linked lists and one related to doing a traversal on a BST.

Interview Questions

• Adjust linked list to connect odd indexed nodes together and even ones connected together   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in September 2018.

Interview

Lunch
    Tour
    Behavioral, Case, Job fit (technical)
    Interview not in specific order

Behavior were all "Tell me a time when you..."
    Case is simple algebra
    technical is simple coding questions.
    With arrays object oriented

There are over 30 words why is this not submitting????

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you...

finished a project from scratch
      learned something new   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

3 parts, technical, case, and job fit.
    technical was your typical CS questions about coding, and problem solving
    case interview was, they gave you a case unrelated to CS and ask me to solve problems in that case.
    and finally the job fit was just simple questions about how you would approach problems.

Interview Questions

• in the case interview, i was an ice-cream business owner. i was asked how i would optimize profits given the costs and sales numbers for the previous sale period.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen, then super day at their campus in Mclean. Lunch with current TDP's then 3 rounds of interviews: behavioral, technical, and case in any order. Technical questions were easy-medium problems like those on Leetcode including one OOP question.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

Recruiter reached out over email ~1 week after I applied (online through university career portal) for more information. A couple days after that I was invited to interview at a Superday in Plano.

There are 3 interviews which are exactly as have been described before online. If you are confident in your technical skills focus on preparing for the case interview, it's a bit of a departure from a normal tech interview.

The tech interview itself or the 'job fit' is very reasonable and language agnostic. The behavioral is exactly as they describe it as well.

Make sure to ask a lot of clarifying questions, as it seems to be an important point for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got a reply to do a on-site interview in 2 weeks. The onsite included a tour and a lunch as well as 3 rounds of interview 45 mins each. They were behavioral, case, and technical. The behavioral was standard, the case was semi businessy and semi-technical, but was relatively easy. However, the technical portion was a time crunch because it included a design question as well as 2 medium level leet code questions, and you had to write out your code fully on paper within 45 minutes.

TDP Interview

Interview

Consisted of a case interview, behavioral interview, and a technical (coding) interview. The coding portion was more rigorous than the other two. The position is more so tailored to those who are proficient in coding and debugging code.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that will produce all the prime numbers up to a specific number.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC) in March 2018.

Interview

It was easy interview. I was called by the capital one representative and call me for final interview. I was taken three round
    Behavior and case study was easy. I faced hard time in technical. But i was given an offer

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in September 2017.

Interview

It was pretty simple and people were really nice. The processes was as it stated in the glassdoor and pretty straight forward. case study, behavioral, coding. For coding studying over leetcode and you will do fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, had a quick phone screening. Then they sent out an invitation to on-site interview. The power day starts with a tour, lunch, and then 3 interviews: case, behavioral and coding. Did pretty good (at least I thought it went okay), but got a call the next day with no offer. Not sure what they expect from a student..