Capital One TDP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One TDP Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.8

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2019.

Interview

Applied on campus, contacted for an interview soon after and meet recruiters on campus during event. 3 round process like other people mentioned. Behavior, Case, Technical components. Review leetcode easy and STAR behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavior: Project most proud of, Tech something technical to a non-technical person, learned something new.
    Case: Something about Capital One acquiring ING and how it would integrate customers between the two.
    Coding: UML class diagram, ensure string and pattern repetition match given separate arrays, and change/coin problem after converting currencies.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

TDP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

wasn't too bad but wasn't that easy either. definitely review your data structures and brush up on your problem solving skills because you will need to understand certain programming technicalities that you may have forgotten

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter reached out to me two months later. And was invited to a Superday at Plano office. Interview was very similar to the prep material, except the case was nothing like the practice case they gave. The case was much more technical and system design oriented rather than business oriented. This made it pretty easy for me. Behavioral were very standard questions you’ve probably been asked before. Technical was actually more difficult than I expected. System design, LC easy, and LC medium. Have to do all three problems in 45 mins. The time crunch is what made it the most difficult. I did pretty well on the case and behavioral, but messed up the technical interview. Got a phone call 2 days later saying they weren’t offering me the TDP role right now but feel I will be a good fit for it in a few months. So they extended me a different offer for their Developer Academy program (CODA) which is a 6-month long boot camp that prepares you for TDP. After the boot camp is over you automatically become a part of TDP. Base salary for CODA is 15k lower than TDP but you get bumped up after the 6 months to the normal TDP salary. I would’ve accepted TDP because it’s a great program, but not sure if I will accept CODA as I have a strong CS background and feel it is a waste of 6 months when I could be a software engineer somewhere else. It just wasn’t my day and messed up on the technical portion which is why I didn’t get the offer I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2018.

Interview

Get a behavior, case and technical interview. They can be in any order. However If you're unlucky you'll have a bad interviewer. I had a bad technical interviewer that had no idea what she was doing and she did not provide any guidance. All she said was "ok" and "any last touches." No guidance whatsoever and she was socially awkward so I have no idea how she was picked as an interviewer. It really depends on luck to get a good interviewer. My case and behavior were nice. Behavior question was standard. Case interview varies. It's a lot of high level technical questions for me.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

Recruiter reached out over email ~1 week after I applied (online through university career portal) for more information. A couple days after that I was invited to interview at a Superday in Plano.

There are 3 interviews which are exactly as have been described before online. If you are confident in your technical skills focus on preparing for the case interview, it's a bit of a departure from a normal tech interview.

The tech interview itself or the 'job fit' is very reasonable and language agnostic. The behavioral is exactly as they describe it as well.

Make sure to ask a lot of clarifying questions, as it seems to be an important point for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got a reply to do a on-site interview in 2 weeks. The onsite included a tour and a lunch as well as 3 rounds of interview 45 mins each. They were behavioral, case, and technical. The behavioral was standard, the case was semi businessy and semi-technical, but was relatively easy. However, the technical portion was a time crunch because it included a design question as well as 2 medium level leet code questions, and you had to write out your code fully on paper within 45 minutes.

TDP Interview

Interview

Consisted of a case interview, behavioral interview, and a technical (coding) interview. The coding portion was more rigorous than the other two. The position is more so tailored to those who are proficient in coding and debugging code.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that will produce all the prime numbers up to a specific number.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC) in March 2018.

Interview

It was easy interview. I was called by the capital one representative and call me for final interview. I was taken three round
    Behavior and case study was easy. I faced hard time in technical. But i was given an offer

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2019.

Interview

Applied on my university job board. Had an invitation for an on campus final round interview composed of 3 parts: behavioral, technical, and case interviews. Each part lasted about 45 minutes. Behavioral was decent, many questions asking about tell me a time...,etc. The case portion was not bad, it was mostly to show the interviewer how you think when you solve problems. The technical interview was probably the most challenging part, though the questions were not too bad, but rather since there is a time constraint and there is definitely more pressure when you are coding on paper while being assessed. The interviewers were really nice though, and despite not receiving the offer, I thought the interview process was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked in a group and how you overcame challenges.   Answer Question

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Mediocre interview process. Study data structures and inheritance for the system design question. Had a question on linked lists and one related to doing a traversal on a BST.

Interview Questions

• Adjust linked list to connect odd indexed nodes together and even ones connected together   Answer Question