Capital One TDP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One TDP Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

3 parts, technical, case, and job fit.
technical was your typical CS questions about coding, and problem solving
case interview was, they gave you a case unrelated to CS and ask me to solve problems in that case.
and finally the job fit was just simple questions about how you would approach problems.

Interview Questions

• in the case interview, i was an ice-cream business owner. i was asked how i would optimize profits given the costs and sales numbers for the previous sale period.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen, then super day at their campus in Mclean. Lunch with current TDP's then 3 rounds of interviews: behavioral, technical, and case in any order. Technical questions were easy-medium problems like those on Leetcode including one OOP question.

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in September 2017.

Interview

It was pretty simple and people were really nice. The processes was as it stated in the glassdoor and pretty straight forward. case study, behavioral, coding. For coding studying over leetcode and you will do fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, had a quick phone screening. Then they sent out an invitation to on-site interview. The power day starts with a tour, lunch, and then 3 interviews: case, behavioral and coding. Did pretty good (at least I thought it went okay), but got a call the next day with no offer. Not sure what they expect from a student..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Overall, the process went well. The people at Capital One seemed really interested and enthusiastic about the work and it is clear that interns will have a hands on role at the company.

Interview Questions

• Behavoural Question: Name the thing you're most proud of designing and why   Answer Question

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting and then was selected for an on site interview. The recruiter I worked with as well as everyone else I met was amazing! I think that Capital One really does an amazing job of connecting with and supporting their candidates through the interview process.

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

tech, behavioral, case..don't get your hopes up if they call back, might be to reject you.
    understand saving per cost unit EVEN IF YOU ARE DEVELOPER
    overall straight forward nothing too hard

Interview Questions

• tech: design platform to credit/debit card transaction for customers, determine if bst or not, turn integer into string
      case: this is the part I got wrecked in....compare two vendors, determine which one saves you more. Bank doesn't want to get calls from customer because it costs $X. Vendor one charges $Y for each task and their job is Z% effective. Vendor two has different parameters. Compare both companies and choose which one would save you more.
      behavioral: talk about time you explained a technical concept to someone non technical, how did you know they understood, etc. And talk about biggest project (doesn't have to be technical) you're most proud of...challenges....what you did.....why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was invited to final round interviews at my university due to my participation in Capital One's Software Engineering Summit over the summer. My first interview was the case interview, which I thought was the most difficult out of the three. There's not much you can do to prepare apart from going through a few example cases to get a feel for what to expect. I wasn't afraid to admit when I didn't know something, and I tried to explain my thought process throughout the whole problem, which is what I think they are mainly looking at as you solve the case. My second interview was behavioral. I had a really great interviewer and although the questions were classic STAR format, it felt more like a conversation and went by pretty quick. The last was a technical job fit. I only got through 2 of the 3 technical questions (one design, one coding), but it was because my interviewer and I spent a long time talking about each. I wasn't perfect (my solution for the coding question wasn't 100% correct), but I was able to explain what I was thinking and what my code did. When the interviewer pointed out a case where my code didn't work, we worked towards a better solution that I figured out quickly after that. All in all, it was a long interview, but I enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions

• Given the root of a tree, determine if the tree is a BST.   1 Answer

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick since I applied through my university. The technical question was not difficult but I thought the case was very different than what I was used.

Interview Questions

• Palindrome identification. Use a linked list to implement an adder.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied at my school career fair and got the on site interview in a couple weeks. We had a tour of the campus and then lunch. Try to work in the capital one motto "changing banking for the good" in your interviews. It impresses them more than you think.

Interview Questions

• Stack, Simple OOP question on call center, Case Study with some quantitative math   Answer Question