Capital One TDP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One TDP Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a brief phone screen and then onsite interview. Process was divided into three rounds with a behavioral, case, and technical interview. Case was mostly just math and not very tricky while technical was fairly simple and required some specific knowledge of data structures. Very cracking the coding interview-esque. Recruiter was extremely helpfully through the whole process and got back to me within a day about my offer.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to determine if a string is a palindrome   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

TDP Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting and was interviewed at school. Friendly and helpful interviewers who seemed happy to answer questions and guide you in the interview. I really liked that one interviewer was currently doing TDP so I could really ask questions. Heard back 3 days after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very quick and easy on campus interview. Three parts: a coding test, a discussion about designing a program theoretically, and behavioral interview. They got back to me within the day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How to add two linked lists of number together?   1 Answer

TDP Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Recruiters are very nice and all the interviewers were very helpful. They want to see you succeed, so don't feel intimidated. I was flown out to Plano, TX, all living and travel expenses were handled and paid for by the company. Met current employees for a campus tour and lunch before the interviews started. I heard back the next day and I am still deciding whether or not to accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

This was my first onsite interview ever and it was definitely a great first experience. The entire interview process went super smoothly. The behavioral interview consisted of about 3-4 questions. Technical interview consisted of questions I've already seen during my preparation, about 3 questions (string, linked list, OOP). Case interview was more technical and dealt with encryption. Unfortunately, I was not given an offer but I am definitely interested in applying again next year.

Interview Questions

• Design a messenger for customers and sales representatives.   1 Answer

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Received an email for an interview invitation. They set everything up including travel, meal expenses and hotel room. The interview is 3 part like the guides indicate and the questions were along the same lines as described.

Interview Questions

• Case interview: given information on businesses how would you act?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Like most described here, it's a day long process with three interviews and a tour of the campus that includes lunch. Interviews are Technical, Case, and Behavioral. The process takes a few weeks, was offered an interview two weeks or so after our career fair and my interview was about a week after that.

Interview Questions

• Create a class diagram for a system that handles meetings within the company.   Answer Question
    • Create a stack using only queues.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Met with them during on-campus coffee chats. I like that you talk to engineers/employees every step of the way - the recruiters are there mostly for logistical reasons, and any program or tech-related questions go straight to engineers.

Overall the interview process was simple. Had a very typical phone screen then went on-location for the final interview. C1 is a more traditional company so they have "power-days" for interviews, which are basically like final rounds at any big 4 tech company. There are 3 interviews on the day of the power day - case interview, behavioral interview, and tech interview - and each take 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Consulting case is probably the hardest for tech people - it's not as hard as actual consulting interviews, but know how to read graphs, do basic math quickly (or use the calculator they give you), and know the basics of weighted probabilities. Make sure to study some cases online and you'll be more than prepared.

Behavioral interview is easy - they give the questions over email beforehand, make sure you can answer them.

Tech interview:
      -linked lists
      -designing a chat program (not coding, but a design question)
      -sorting algorithm   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Champaign, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Met company at career fair and applied online. Heard back fairly quickly and scheduled a super-day of interviewing at my university which consisted of the following: technical interview (job fit), case interview, behavioral interview. Interviews were 45 minutes each, friendly interviewers and the whole day went by smoothly. Heard back within a couple days that I had gotten the internship, accepted within a couple weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you find the middle of a linked list of unknown length?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2019.

Interview

A campus recruiter reached out to me encouraging me to apply to the TDP program. After my application, I was scheduled to do an onsite interview (skipped straight past the phone screen). The onsite is broken into 3 parts - the case interview, technical interview, and behavioral interview. I thought the case interview was the hardest/most convoluted by far. The technical interview and the behavioral interview were both very standard.