Capital One TDP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One TDP Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.8

TDP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in March 2019.

Interview

I applied for TDP online through their portal. I received an on-campus final round interview a few days later. The interview was very straight forward consisting of three parts: case, behavioral, and job-fit. The whole process took around 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Case interview was about encryption.
    Behavioral was STAR method.
    Job-fit asked to make a deep copy of a linked list and recognize that a function was not one-to-one   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

TDP Interview

Interview

Was pretty good. They fly you out on site and book you a flight if needed, etc.
    I felt I nailed the questions, but they are pretty selective so I don't know what happened. I'll give you the interview questions as they are. I remember every single question so please feel free to look up the answer ahead of time. Prior to the interview, I saw some of the interview questions on Glassdoor as well so they definitely reuse the questions

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Tell me about a time when you explained technical subject to a nontechnical person?   Answer Question
    • Behavioral: what is the project you are most proud of?   Answer Question
    • Behavioral: describe a time when you learned something new?   Answer Question
    • Case: CapitalOne acquired ING Direct. What are business and technical implications? (say stuff like cybersecurity, synergies, etc)   Answer Question
    • Technical: Design job application system using OOP   Answer Question
    • Technical: Implement breadth-first search.   1 Answer
    • Technical: Add two numbers represented as linked lists.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in February 2019.

Interview

My first ever interview. Difficulty was technical -> case -> behavioral from hardest to easiest.
    I practiced a lot of questions on leetcode but the questions they asked were predictable. It was a great process, would recommend.

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2019.

Interview

Applied on my university job board. Had an invitation for an on campus final round interview composed of 3 parts: behavioral, technical, and case interviews. Each part lasted about 45 minutes. Behavioral was decent, many questions asking about tell me a time...,etc. The case portion was not bad, it was mostly to show the interviewer how you think when you solve problems. The technical interview was probably the most challenging part, though the questions were not too bad, but rather since there is a time constraint and there is definitely more pressure when you are coding on paper while being assessed. The interviewers were really nice though, and despite not receiving the offer, I thought the interview process was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked in a group and how you overcame challenges.   Answer Question

TDP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied online and they asked for an onsite(they only have one interview). There, they gave a tour of the headquarters, lunch then the interview. Interview is three parts: Behaviorial, Case, Technical. Behavioral was just about a project I've done and how I work with others. Case was weird because it was a coding + SW development with a business context. Techincal was pretty easy - know basic Data structures and algorithms and you should be fine.

TDP Interview

Interview

went straight to onsite and had 3 back to back interviews: technical, behavioral, and case study.
    technical had 2 questions, case is weird to prep for, behavioral just look up questions from that year.