Capital One Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Teller Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (New Orleans, LA) in May 2017.

Interview

not very clear as to when or how you will hear a response as to when or if you will be hired; first you take an online assessment and then you submit an online interview and then wait and wait for a call back to see if they ask you to an interview at the branch

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Edison, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online took about one week to get the online interview, after I did that a week later I was called for another interview with two branch managers.Who I truly love and am looking forward to working with them! The interview went well and I got a call like two days later for a job offer. Was offered the job, I accepted it. Then I had to do another online assessment, and get my finger prints done. Now I am currently waiting for the results. I already have my start date if all goes well. Despite the long process I'm sure it will all be worth it.I have always wanted to work for capital one so I am looking forward to it!

Interview Questions

• Tell us two facts about you and one fun fact.(speak the truth because if not you will only be lieing to yourself)   Answer Question
    • What is a hard experience that you have encountered with a customer, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • How much money have you handled before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Monroe, LA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online on September 1st, recieved an email to take the assessment on September 7th, completed and received email on September 8th to complete virtual one way interview, which I completed on September 9th. I am now waiting to hear back. The virtual interview was different and made me nervous but they give you plenty of time to prepare responses and it made me feel less on-the-spot than an in person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Longview, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

First, I got an email to do the online video, which I had never done before and was extremely nervous. Then I was contact by a recruiter to set up a face to face interview. I was told what to expect, which was the exact opposite. She told me that she would ask me about what I knew about the company and personal questions. She only asked me a little about me, asked me to sell her a bank account, told me that capital one is very picky with their customers, and wants to find people who will pick the right people to bank with them. All in all it was an okay experience, but she chose to go with someone more qualified.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

It is mostly online recorded interviews. A lot of situational questions. a lot of past experience questions as well as what if scenarios.Then you will go for one on one with the branch manager to see how your personality will match with the rest of the branch.

Interview Questions

• discuss an obstacle you've had and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Bronx, NY).

Interview

-Online assessment
    -Phone interview with HR (well over a month after initially applying, HR was very nice and made you aware that the next round of interviews would have mostly situational questions)
    -Interview with a district manager and a manager in the same region I was applying for (but not the same manager I would be working for)
    -Final interview with my direct branch manager

Interview Questions

• If you made an error on a transaction that appeared on the customers receipt what would you do?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in January 2016.

Interview

started the process late december through an online application which took like 50 minutes, last week i got an email where now i have to do an online interview. Ill post more after im done with the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Columbia, MD).

Interview

had to interview with 3 people total, including the branch manager. I dont know why, because some of the foolish people I worked with obviously didnt have the same question. It was a joke.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Bowie, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied about 2 weeks ago, was sent an email link to record myself answering questions using their HireVue online video System. About a week later I was contacted by a recruiter to come in for an in-person interview. I will be going in this Friday, and I'm excited to see what happens.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you exceeded a customer's expectations   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied for teller position on the official site, and they got back to me the next day morning saying I will be interviewed online. The online interview was a single way interview where you will be asked several questions like describe one time where you encounter a rude customer, and you record your answer in 3 minutes. Remember dress up business casual.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience more than 6 months involving face-to-face customer service?   1 Answer