Capital One Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Teller Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Rockville, MD) in March 2011.

Interview

When being interviewed for a Bank Teller position, usually the emphasis is on customer service and sales. I answered about how I implemented suggestive selling and upselling in my previous job as a waiter/server, and I think that helped me get the job. Also being able to multi-task and describing stories about how working in the food industry multi-tasking helped me land the job. * I think some customers (especially from the older generations) think bank CSR positions are still like from the old days. It has changed a lot from the previous decades. As a Bank Teller you wear many hats. You must ensure overall branch security, security of monies and information, be part of the sales team making sales referrals, administrative duties-making sure the branch equipment and supplies for yourself and clients are well stocked, and of course customer service.

***So during the interview, demonstrate that you are able to multi-task in a busy environment while still providing excellent and personable customer service.

Interview Questions

• Do you have and sales experience?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (New Orleans, LA) in May 2017.

Interview

not very clear as to when or how you will hear a response as to when or if you will be hired; first you take an online assessment and then you submit an online interview and then wait and wait for a call back to see if they ask you to an interview at the branch

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

It is mostly online recorded interviews. A lot of situational questions. a lot of past experience questions as well as what if scenarios.Then you will go for one on one with the branch manager to see how your personality will match with the rest of the branch.

Interview Questions

• discuss an obstacle you've had and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Edison, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online took about one week to get the online interview, after I did that a week later I was called for another interview with two branch managers.Who I truly love and am looking forward to working with them! The interview went well and I got a call like two days later for a job offer. Was offered the job, I accepted it. Then I had to do another online assessment, and get my finger prints done. Now I am currently waiting for the results. I already have my start date if all goes well. Despite the long process I'm sure it will all be worth it.I have always wanted to work for capital one so I am looking forward to it!

Interview Questions

• Tell us two facts about you and one fun fact.(speak the truth because if not you will only be lieing to yourself)   Answer Question
    • What is a hard experience that you have encountered with a customer, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • How much money have you handled before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Monroe, LA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online on September 1st, recieved an email to take the assessment on September 7th, completed and received email on September 8th to complete virtual one way interview, which I completed on September 9th. I am now waiting to hear back. The virtual interview was different and made me nervous but they give you plenty of time to prepare responses and it made me feel less on-the-spot than an in person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Longview, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

First, I got an email to do the online video, which I had never done before and was extremely nervous. Then I was contact by a recruiter to set up a face to face interview. I was told what to expect, which was the exact opposite. She told me that she would ask me about what I knew about the company and personal questions. She only asked me a little about me, asked me to sell her a bank account, told me that capital one is very picky with their customers, and wants to find people who will pick the right people to bank with them. All in all it was an okay experience, but she chose to go with someone more qualified.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Columbia, MD).

Interview

had to interview with 3 people total, including the branch manager. I dont know why, because some of the foolish people I worked with obviously didnt have the same question. It was a joke.

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Bronx, NY).

Interview

-Online assessment
    -Phone interview with HR (well over a month after initially applying, HR was very nice and made you aware that the next round of interviews would have mostly situational questions)
    -Interview with a district manager and a manager in the same region I was applying for (but not the same manager I would be working for)
    -Final interview with my direct branch manager

Interview Questions

• If you made an error on a transaction that appeared on the customers receipt what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Bowie, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied about 2 weeks ago, was sent an email link to record myself answering questions using their HireVue online video System. About a week later I was contacted by a recruiter to come in for an in-person interview. I will be going in this Friday, and I'm excited to see what happens.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you exceeded a customer's expectations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed with district manager and branch manager. The phone interview was pretty straight forward. The interviewer asked questions about me, my education. Interview with a district/ branch manager was the same. They are not hard you just need to do your homework by knowing about their company.