Capital One Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.5

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

When apply they send you a assessment, if you pass that they reach out to go to take a video interview if they like you they give you a call for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Staten Island, NY).

Interview

Saw the job posting online. Applied directly through the website. Received an e-mail from HR about scheduling a phone interview. A couple of days later, we did the interview. It was very basic. Why are you looking for work here? Tell us about yourself? Previous experiences? Etc etc. Asked me to come in for an in-person interview at a local branch. Met with the branch manager and the head teller. Very straight forward process.

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capital One (New Orleans, LA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to do a online interview. Received a call from the recruiter within a few days, she set up a face to face interview on a Thursday and I received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, they make an offer and you accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (New Orleans, LA) in May 2017.

Interview

not very clear as to when or how you will hear a response as to when or if you will be hired; first you take an online assessment and then you submit an online interview and then wait and wait for a call back to see if they ask you to an interview at the branch

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

It is mostly online recorded interviews. A lot of situational questions. a lot of past experience questions as well as what if scenarios.Then you will go for one on one with the branch manager to see how your personality will match with the rest of the branch.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Edison, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online took about one week to get the online interview, after I did that a week later I was called for another interview with two branch managers.Who I truly love and am looking forward to working with them! The interview went well and I got a call like two days later for a job offer. Was offered the job, I accepted it. Then I had to do another online assessment, and get my finger prints done. Now I am currently waiting for the results. I already have my start date if all goes well. Despite the long process I'm sure it will all be worth it.I have always wanted to work for capital one so I am looking forward to it!

Interview Questions

• Tell us two facts about you and one fun fact.(speak the truth because if not you will only be lieing to yourself)   Answer Question
    • What is a hard experience that you have encountered with a customer, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • How much money have you handled before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Manassas, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

There was an interview process you had to interview with two different people, both branch managers. They interviewed me for about 35 minutes each asking general interview questions. Both interviews back to back an in the same facility.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Monroe, LA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online on September 1st, recieved an email to take the assessment on September 7th, completed and received email on September 8th to complete virtual one way interview, which I completed on September 9th. I am now waiting to hear back. The virtual interview was different and made me nervous but they give you plenty of time to prepare responses and it made me feel less on-the-spot than an in person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Longview, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

First, I got an email to do the online video, which I had never done before and was extremely nervous. Then I was contact by a recruiter to set up a face to face interview. I was told what to expect, which was the exact opposite. She told me that she would ask me about what I knew about the company and personal questions. She only asked me a little about me, asked me to sell her a bank account, told me that capital one is very picky with their customers, and wants to find people who will pick the right people to bank with them. All in all it was an okay experience, but she chose to go with someone more qualified.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Online application was a bit long. Lots of repeated questions but the role play section gives you an idea of what the job is like. Interview process was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Questions abut how you dealt with specific scenarios in the past.   Answer Question