Capital One Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Capital One Teller Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Edison, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online took about one week to get the online interview, after I did that a week later I was called for another interview with two branch managers.Who I truly love and am looking forward to working with them! The interview went well and I got a call like two days later for a job offer. Was offered the job, I accepted it. Then I had to do another online assessment, and get my finger prints done. Now I am currently waiting for the results. I already have my start date if all goes well. Despite the long process I'm sure it will all be worth it.I have always wanted to work for capital one so I am looking forward to it!

Interview Questions

• Tell us two facts about you and one fun fact.(speak the truth because if not you will only be lieing to yourself)   Answer Question
  • What is a hard experience that you have encountered with a customer, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
  • How much money have you handled before?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Manassas, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

There was an interview process you had to interview with two different people, both branch managers. They interviewed me for about 35 minutes each asking general interview questions. Both interviews back to back an in the same facility.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Monroe, LA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online on September 1st, recieved an email to take the assessment on September 7th, completed and received email on September 8th to complete virtual one way interview, which I completed on September 9th. I am now waiting to hear back. The virtual interview was different and made me nervous but they give you plenty of time to prepare responses and it made me feel less on-the-spot than an in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capital One (New Orleans, LA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to do a online interview. Received a call from the recruiter within a few days, she set up a face to face interview on a Thursday and I received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, they make an offer and you accept or decline.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

When apply they send you a assessment, if you pass that they reach out to go to take a video interview if they like you they give you a call for an in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Staten Island, NY).

Interview

Saw the job posting online. Applied directly through the website. Received an e-mail from HR about scheduling a phone interview. A couple of days later, we did the interview. It was very basic. Why are you looking for work here? Tell us about yourself? Previous experiences? Etc etc. Asked me to come in for an in-person interview at a local branch. Met with the branch manager and the head teller. Very straight forward process.

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Shreveport, LA) in August 2017.

Interview

You apply online. If selected you do an online assessment. Once you have your results and you pass, there is a video interview where you record yourself via webcam. Once that is complete if you move on you have a face to face with your manager.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Columbia, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews. One over the phone and the other one face to face with two managers. One manager was from my branch and the one was from another branch.

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Englewood, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

It was strenuous but necessary being that you would be dealing with money if selected for the position. I didn't mind it because the 2 people that decided I would be hired were phenomenal and had they still been there I don't think I would have gotten laid off.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell someone on opening up an account? What hours are you looking for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY).

Interview

Very quick and easy process, some of the questions were odd but overall very easy. The hiring manager was very personable and easy to talk to. Only thing is that the hourly wage is way too low to be competitive with other banks.