Capital One Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

It was quick and easy. I did the online video interview which asked simple questions relating to experience and why I'd like the job. I received a call from the recruiter same day very shortly after. She explained details about the job and we set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. 3 days later I completed that. And 4 business days later I received the offer and options of shifts to choo'se from. Super smooth process.

Interview Questions

• The video interview asked why I want a work from home job?   1 Answer
  • Phone interview consisted of... tell me about a time you had to explain policies a customer didn't agree with. Tell me a time you received recognition for a job well done.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a link to do an assessment. Same day got an email to do a video interview through HireVue. After doing that I didn't receive any call or email until 3 weeks later stating I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much behavioural questions.   1 Answer

Work-at-home Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I was emailed a few days after I applied inviting me to the interview. Interview was virtual and answers were recorded. Interview process was impersonal but efficient. I did not receive an offer nor an explanation as to why. I was emailed a few days after I applied inviting me to the interview. Interview was virtual and answers were recorded. Interview process was impersonal but efficient. I did not receive an offer nor an explanation as to why.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

I was emailed about a week after applying. The application process is a series of test to determine your behavioral patterns. There was also a mock setup of what it would be like to take calls from home. The 1st interview was done by an app called HireVue. You will be sent a link with instructions on how to download app and what to do. The interview consisted of a series of questions record by a woman and you get 2-3 minutes to answer. 2nd Interview which I was called for about two weeks after that was done by a recruiter and she asked me a serious of questions and once I finished she offered me a 3rd interview. She advised me to research behavioral interviews and too have some answers prepared to some of those questions. The interview was scheduled for the very next day. I was called for the third person the next afternoon and she explained the interview would take about 30 minutes. She explained she would ask me questions about situations and I needed to give her step by step what I had done. I had Googled behavioral questions and had wrote down some questions along with some answers. The best way to answer these questions is by the STAR method. Please research that and you will do great. At the end I was able to ask questions and then she said it would be a week before I knew one way or another. I was called exactly a week from the previous date and was offered the job. I was given four schedules to choose from and the offer was contingent upon my background check. Start date about a month from offer date.

Interview Questions

• How did you explain a companyear procedure to a customer?
      Name a time when you provided outstanding customer service.
      Describe a difficult time when you solved a problem using only your resources with no help from your supervisor?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

Application is typical, then there is a phone call test that you do. Two months after I applied (I had forgotten I even applied) a recruiter (very nice woman) called and basically gave me a preliminary interview, then I was scheduled for a formal phone interview with a manager. Recruiters gave me every tool to be able to ace my interview. Capital One uses behavioral interviewing and the recruiters send me information on what it was and how to do it properly. They also suggested that you research the company and know some things. I then had my formal phone interview. The manager called me promptly at the scheduled time. He encouraged me to take my time. It felt like a conversation, but you still need to follow the behavioral interview model. I had examples on hand using the STAR format, and it made it a breeze. At the end, the manager did a mock phone call with me. It's good to ask for feedback after the call as well. He said I would hear from someone within a few days, but I heard back within two hours and I was offered the job. Next you receive a formal offer letter and pick a schedule before training begins.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you overcame an obstacle in order to do your job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me several scheduling options to choose from. Then I began training that lasted around 7 weeks. Some days I had to go to Capital One, but most days I trained at home.

Work-at-home Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Glen Allen, VA).

Interview

The interview process was great. The initial interview/phone screen was basic because they are trying to determine your ability to speak clearly and professionally over the phone. These positions are answering high-level customer service calls.
    If you pass the screening, you will be directed to online assessments and 'mock' phone calls. You will need to complete the 'mock' session in a quiet environment as you will need to concentrate on your responses.
    If that is completed successfully, you'll receive a follow-up phone interview. That was a little more intense and consisted mostly of behavioral-based interview questions. There is role-play question at the end where you will need to demonstrate your ability to resolve a customer concern.

Interview Questions

• The role play was expected, but was still a little stressful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The positions have a set salary/hourly rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Glen Allen, VA).

Interview

I applied online. I was immediately taken to an assessment questionnaire. I then had to do some virtual role playing with phone calls. It was a bit intense only because you are timed. I have call center and customer service experience and yet I found the calls challenging which was a good thing. I only saw after completing the assessment that I was in something called " Testing" phase. It was unclear to me what this meant. I sent a general email out stating that I submitted my application and wanted to know who would be contacting me. I received a email a couple of days later from a recruiter who said I would be contacted by another recruiter shortly. I was called on a Wednesday to set up a phone Interview. The phone interview was really good for me. I like to talk and that's what I did. It was a very friendly recruiter but she knew her job. She made me very comfortable. The call lasted about 45 mins (If that) . I was informed that I would be moving to the next phase for the Face-to-Face interview the very next day. I arrived about 20 mins early. (They want you there about 15 mins earlier than appointment) My interview went very well in the beginning. It was a two way conversation. I was asked to talk about myself and then we went into the my formal part of the interview. More so past experiences. For example, " What did you do", How did you handle a situation with an irrate customer and what were the results based on your actions". Overall it was a great experience. My interview was on a Friday. I was told I would be contacted in about three days. I am still waiting to hear something. I am hopeful that I would get the offer.

Interview Questions

• There was a role play involved. I was nervous and this part was unexpected, It threw me through a loop a bit but I think I bounced back from it.   1 Answer